Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2016, 07:51 PM

Default Steve Grand's comments on his Speedo

https://www.queerty.com/steve-grands...peedo-20150727
Old 11-01-2016, 09:34 PM

Default Not a Speedo

While I agree with his comments, what he is wearing is not a Speedo in brand, cut or style.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimTeamSpeedo
While I agree with his comments, what he is wearing is not a Speedo in brand, cut or style.

speedo while being a brand name it is also used as a general term to describe any brand/style of male swim briefs
Old 11-02-2016, 07:59 PM

Whatever brand, I'm not fond of the design. The waistband in the contrasting color makes it look like a pair of underwear not a swim brief.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:45 PM

Hey matt, while your premise is understood, the style is not even in line with the generic use of the term, which was my point. Speedo is often used to describe most swim briefs, not all styles.

Second, now that you bring it up, write Speedo or any other brand and ask them about using Speedo as a general term. They will answer with a very clear no.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:45 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimTeamSpeedo
Hey matt, while your premise is understood, the style is not even in line with the generic use of the term, which was my point. Speedo is often used to describe most swim briefs, not all styles.

Second, now that you bring it up, write Speedo or any other brand and ask them about using Speedo as a general term. They will answer with a very clear no.

i know its a trademark, but if their suits didnt suck so much then maybe we'd all wear their brand

they barely even sell speedos anymore, as you never see speedo brand speedos anywhere other than sports type stores, and the few times you see them at beach stores the selection and styles are always so boring

their sizing is way too tight for casual wear its only meant for fitness swimming but even then

if you take a nike size 32 and compare a speedo size 32 your nuts are gonna get crushed in the speedo suit

its no wonder we struggle to make speedos more popular when the brand that created them are some of the worst for casual wear.