Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2016, 09:49 AM
Speedo Member

Default Why the swimbriefs has a small lining inside the front?

Hi Friends, I have some ideas about why the swimbriefs have a small lining inside at the front (like a triangle), I repeat, “I have some ideas” but really I am not completely sure what are the real reasons.
I think is for not show the shape of the male genitalia, not show the penis when the speedo become transparent when it is wet after to swimming, to keep the penis in a comfortable position and don’t moving to all sides all the day, to dissimulate erections, etc.. But really Someone knows exactly why the speedo have this lining?....
Old 04-25-2016, 11:32 AM

When you arrive at a pool you will change into you speedos, head for the toilets, empty your bladder than head for the pool.
Almost every male leaves one drop of urine behind that soaks into the liner and does not show from the outside.
During your long day on the beach you might get a slight erection and generate a drop or two of precum, this again will be absorbed by the liner and avoid the embarrassment of a damp patch.
Wearing an unlined suit is perfectly comfortable but people will notice erections and damp patches. Then again you may want them too.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:20 PM

Default Generally,...

Liners are made from smoother all nylon than the Lycra blend used for the suit itself. This in part is a comfort issue, especially for guys who typically put their penises in an "up" position, with the ultra-sensitive underside pressing tight against the nylon of the liner. The liner also plays a role not only in reducing transparency when wet. but also reducing the visibility of the outline of the shape of the guy's penis even when the suit is dry. Some guys think its fun to be visible, and cut out the linings. But some suits are sold that do not have any lining.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:22 PM
Speedo Member

Mmmm, maybe to absorb the urine drop is the primary reason for the lining in the speedo??? and maybe all the other reason such as immobilizing the penis, hide the shape of the penis, hide the erections, and to absorb the precum are "an extra plus of the lining".. but.. ¿is definitely "to absorb drops of orine" the first function of the lining or maybe is the another of the list?.....
Old 04-25-2016, 09:30 PM

I too have always thought it was to decrease the likelihood of showing the outline and shape of your manhood when wet or showing arousal. It's definitely saved me in both of those senses!
Old 04-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Speedo Member

WOW!!! All here we have different points of view about what is the real first function of the lining!!! ….maybe some book or link of the “History of the swimming brief” have some explanation…
Old 04-25-2016, 11:13 PM

if you were wearing soccer shorts you would wear cotton briefs underneath to give support and to keep the fabric of the soccer shorts clean.
It is the same with the liner in swim briefs.
Have you ever worn swim briefs or a swim bikini without a liner ?
The Elizabethans wore washable linen underwear under their jewel encrusted outer clothing, they rarely washed their bodies but were supplied with fresh linen.

Last edited by Torchwatch : 04-25-2016 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:29 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
.......Have you ever worn swim briefs or a swim bikini without a liner ? .

I have a small Aussibum swimming squarepant WITH a small lining in front BUT it isn’t made with cotton/nylon, it is made in the same lycra of the brief (like a second extra layer)…. Really it (made with the same lycra, but with 2 layers of fabric) help to hide the shape of the genitalia but don’t make a lot of compression… them when I have an erection I show a bigger bulge in this brief… bigger bulge but it no show “shape” that make obvious it is an erection….
Old 04-26-2016, 06:45 AM

The lining is for modesty purposes. A suit without a liner is more revealing and in some cases transparent. Here's an answer Speedo gave to a question about liners on their website:

Quote:
You can be assured of the front gusset only if you purchase a dark colorway. Please note, we double line the brighter colors for modesty as they tend to be a bit transparent when wet.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:30 AM

Speaking from experience, unlined suits can be very revealing. I bought an unlined bikini once without thinking about it. When I came into the dressing room after swimming and looked in the mirror, I could see everything. Guess everybody got a nice show at the beach that day.