Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2015, 09:21 AM

Default My First Speedo

Hi, I'm a new member and long time Speedo lover.

I'm the child of a couple of hippies turned suburban parents. Growing up, I saw a lot of my parents - as in, they were frequently naked. This seemed completely normal to me at the time and, like many kids, I preferred to be nude whenever possible. Before entering school, I would only don clothes when going out somewhere. At home, I was a near full time nudist running around in the backyard without a stitch on. My parents have since told me that this led to some awkward encounters when I stripped naked at other kid's houses on play dates much to the surprise of their parents.

As I got a bit older, I began to develop a sense of modesty and covered up more and more until I was eventually clothed most of the time. I entered school and wanted to act like the other kids. We didn't bother to cover up at home and used our hot tube nude, but there was no more running around outside naked.

The one exception was while camping. Every summer, my parents and I would drive out to a campsite near a lake. We'd go down to the lake each day to swim and lounge. My parents would put on their swimsuits, shorts for my dad and a bikini for my mom. I, however, had had never owned a swimsuit. This was the only place I'd ever gone swimming, and I always swam nude. You could see other people on the lake, but either no one minded one naked kid or no one complained.

When I was in the first grade, I was invited to another kid's birthday party. The plan was for the kids to get dropped off at the "fun park" and for the parents to come for the last hour of the party to socialize and pick us up. I had no idea what this was, but all of the other kids had been there and were pretty excited about going. There were about 12 along with the parents and the grandfather. When we arrived, I found out they had mini golf, an arcade, and a pool. We played mini golf and ran around the arcade for a while, then it was time to go swimming. We went into the changing rooms, boys and girls. While the other boys changed in the private stalls, I stripped down in the main area.

Completely naked, I walked out to the pool without even thinking that might not be acceptable. I got there before everyone else. They'd reserved the pool for a couple of hours and no one else was there. There was a lifeguard, but it was a young girl who wasn't paying much attention, and the parents were decorating a table. I jumped into the pool and started to swim around. The other kids eventually came out and got in the water. We played and splashed around, no one noticing that I was nude.

We'd been swimming for about thirty minutes when the mom said it was time for cake. All of the kids made their way over to the stairs on the shallow end near the table and walked out of the pool. The mom's jaw dropped when I, nude, emerged from the water. She asked what had happened to my swimsuit, and I told her I didn't have one. The mom wrapped a towel around me. The other kids didn't seem bothered by my nudity, but they were getting restless. The dad suggested they cut the cake and deal with my swimsuit issue later, so that's what they did. We sang happy birthday and ate cake while I remained wrapped in the towel.

The other kids eventually made their way back to the pool. Meanwhile, the mom told me to come with her and we went to the lifeguard. She asked if they had any swimsuits to borrow, but they did not. We went back the pool and the mom relayed this information to the dad and grandfather, clearly unsure of what to do next. The birthday kid got out of the pool and asked why I wasn't swimming. The parents looked at each other awkwardly. Thankfully, the grandfather spoke up. He said growing up he and his brothers had always gone swimming naked, and it wouldn't hurt anybody. Reluctantly the parents agreed. I was still confused by their concern about my nudity, but wanted to get back in the pool. They told me I could go swim. I tossed the chair, ran to the edge of the pool, and jumped.

Everyone played in the water, having a fun time. We were starting to get tired as the parents began arriving. Some of the kids got out of the pool. When my parents walked in, they waved to me. I got out and went to greet them. The birthday kid's parents came over too and, as politely as they could, pointed out that I was a bit less dressed than the other kids. My parents apologized explaining they hadn't known there'd be swimming and that we have a liberal attitude towards nudity at home. The birthday kid's parents said it was okay, but suggested I get a swimsuit.

It was at this moment the birthday kid joined us. He asked his parents if it would be okay for him to take of his bathing suit, since I didn't have to wear one. I could see my parents smiling at this development, and the birthday kid's parents were stunned. Unable to think of a good excuse, the mom said okay.

The birthday kid didn't hesitate, pulling his suit off, throwing it on a chair. He invited me back to the water, so we both went to the edge and jumped into the pool. We swam around until the party was over. Then everyone dried off, changed back into their clothes, and went home.

The following weekend, my mom took me to the local sporting goods store to buy a swimsuit. She picked out shorts in my size and told me to try them on. When I did, all I could think was that they felt huge and terrible. I told my mom I wouldn't be comfortable swimming in those. She asked a clerk if they had anything smaller. At first he thought she was asking for a smaller waist size, but my mom clarified by asking if they carried any "bikinis for men." Understanding now, the clerk took us to a small row of black and navy Speedos in different sizes.

My mom found a navy one in my size, and I tried it on. Immediately, I knew this was something that would work for me. We bought the Speedo, and went home.

The next time I went swimming with friends, I wore the Speedo, and I've been wearing them ever since.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:53 PM

Great story, I even don't remember my first speedo I bought!
Old 11-27-2015, 05:54 PM

The first time I wore a brief style suit when when I was in the fourth grade. Our school had a pool, so swimming lessons were a part of physical education classes from the fourth to the eighth grade. At the time, students weren't allowed to bring their own swimsuits, so we were all given school issued suits. They were they nylon brief style suits that were kept as rentals. The brand was Ocean... something. When I reached the last year of classes in the eighth grade, we were finally given the option of bringing our own suits, but I continued using the rental briefs. In high school, I bought a pair of board shorts, simply to fit in and deflect any rumors about my sexual orientation. It was only after I entered college, and came out of the closet, that I finally bought a speedo of my own. I went for the easiest option, a black 3" side speedo, which most sporting goods stores still stocked. Once I had it, there was no turning back. My tastes lean more toward thongs and smaller bikini cuts now, but I still have quite a few briefs for the occasions when those are the most appropriate choice