Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2015, 07:19 PM
Speedo Member

Default Cutting out the front

Any of you guys cut out the lining in the front of your speedos. I did it to a pair of turbos and it totally makes everything obvious. Especially when getting out of the water.

I always liked the modesty of the turbos cause I'm very modestly hung but cutting out the lining makes them much more racey. not sure if I'll keep wearing them.

Anyone else with experiences?
Old 09-14-2015, 07:45 PM

Better to buy an unlined suit, there is a chance of nipping the fabric and spoiling the suit, also suits intended of be lined are shaped slightly differently.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:44 PM

It depends on what you are wearing the suit for. If it is for exercise it is best not to tamper with the design. It is there as part of the structure of the suit.
If you are out to put your privates on display you can always go with a Aussiebum white -- lined or unlined you really put it out there. Or you can go with any of the N2N suits, they all come unlined.
An unlined suit works great if you are trying to score or distract attention from the rest of your body.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:47 AM
Speedo Member

I agree with the other posters. I tried this on several suits and ended up ruining the suits in the process. No good. I agree, if you want to buy a suit without a liner, go for one built that way in the first place.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:38 AM
Speedo Member

I agree with the others above and haven't had luck cutting out the front of a suit. Suggest getting one from either N2N and AB if you want an unlined suit. They are designed to have no liner, have a great pouch for both feel and look; and if you haven't tried one before a liner less suit is so comfortable to wear. A little more cling when you get out of the water, but isn't that part of this suit's style?

Last edited by MISpeedo : 09-17-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:34 PM

OH, it's not THAT hard to do correctly, if there are no center seams.

There is one advantage to single layer lycra suits whether modified or store-bought: they dry twice as fast.

Might be more important at the beach or in the boat, than swimming laps where you change out of them right away.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:16 AM
Speedo Member

I am guilty of doing this, but I realize the risks and snip away slowly, with small scissors. I mainly take the lining out on suits that I enjoy as sleepwear fetish gear or undies. Also, most unlined suits have that annoying center seam that goes right up the center. I realize its for shape, but it makes me look forward to the day when we can "3d print" a suit to our own bodies specifications and have absolutely no seams needed to accomplish the same shape, and perhaps, improve upon it.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:51 PM

if you want your swimwear single layer and entirely seamless than think about some of the spray on rubber options.
Otherwise you will have to live with seams.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:30 PM
Speedo Member

I do love latex.

It's just... I remember seeing a Youtube vid featuring a contraption that could 3d print a whole garment. Autoloom or Electroloom, I think it was called. It printed an overshirt with an undershirt already INSIDE it, all seamless and very precise. My mind went immediately to swim briefs, singlets, fun undies, etc. Then I saw one that looked like a home version for just short/no sleeve shirts with a manequinn torso inside. It looked like a cybernetic spider was quickly weaving the shirt around the torso form to look "painted on"; again, seamless and just... awesome. It felt like a step toward Star Trek replicators.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:43 PM

I have cut out the front a few times, but it rarely ends well.

Instead, I have different suits for different occasions: lap swimming, "Mom-approved" environments, and the gay beach.

They're all brief or bikinis, but the level of reveal is different for each.

I'd only cut out a liner today if it was truly uncomfortable (sometimes they smash things in), but I find it's better to picks suits for their intended use.