Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2014, 08:29 PM

Red face Spring has come to Maine

Well, spring has finally come to Maine after a long, cold winter so that I was able to paint my back porch steps. I went out in some old cutoffs under which I wore a skimpy black Cover Male bikini and a tank top. I lost the tank top within a few minutes because I was in the direct sun. Would have liked to have lost the cutoffs too, but I live in a very residential neighborhood with lots of young families and kids. So for now the bikinis and speedos will be under my walking shorts and the bikinis alone will need to wait for the beach.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:02 PM

Default Ah yes....

When in Rome........
Btw did you sing the Spring ditty as a kid, ie:
Spring has sprung, the grass has riz - I wonder where the birdies is?
The bird is on the wing - but that's absurd - the wing in on the bird !
Old 05-16-2014, 11:44 PM

Never have sung that song - never even heard of it.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:11 AM

Default Yes..it has!!!

Two weeks ago ice was still on the lake, but I am way northern Maine, Aroostook County. Now I am ready to put my docks in and get the Pontoon boat and wave runner in. I am in my swimsuit as I write this... okay inside and all. It has been, as you say, a longer than ever and tougher than nails winter. But damn, I love Summer here. It is swimsuit time.... I have even been in the lake already (quick)... it is cold... lol.

STS
Old 05-17-2014, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley67
Well, spring has finally come to Maine after a long, cold winter so that I was able to paint my back porch steps. I went out in some old cutoffs under which I wore a skimpy black Cover Male bikini and a tank top. I lost the tank top within a few minutes because I was in the direct sun. Would have liked to have lost the cutoffs too, but I live in a very residential neighborhood with lots of young families and kids. So for now the bikinis and speedos will be under my walking shorts and the bikinis alone will need to wait for the beach.
Hope your cutoffs weren't the down-to-the-knee "half pants".

My cutoffs are at least 1/2 way up from the knees. I've seen other guys wearing cutoffs that are the half pants style. It's bad enough that the style exists to begin without people making their own copies it.

It's time for some creativity and if you're going to make cutoffs, cut them off 1/2 way from the knees!!!
Old 05-17-2014, 01:15 PM

No, they weren't half way to the knee, but mid thigh.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley67
No, they weren't half way to the knee, but mid thigh.
Great to hear I've made another conversion!!!
Old 05-19-2014, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Conversion

Wearing cut offs below the knee would really look ridiculous for someone like me, for the same reason that even if I wanted to, I could never pull off the look in board shorts. Board shorts are made for guys who are probably at least 5'10" and very lean so that even if they are worn very low on the hips (which incidentally I think makes some guys look very hot), they might reach the knee or slightly below the knee. I'm only about 5'6 and 1/2" and am relatively lean for my age, but when I tried the board short look and wore them low on my hips, they came down well below the knee. With regular walk shorts or cargo shorts, I always have to shorten them so they are above the knee. And with the shorts I wear when I do my 2-3 mile walk, a 2 inch inseam is what I look for. On the beach I wear either a speedo, bikini or occasionally a boxer type suit that is tighter than a regular boxer, has a very small inseam and doesn't look too long even when I wear them low on the hips. So, in addition to board shorts looking kind of dorky, they aren't for everyone, especially those vertically challenged like me.

D67

Last edited by Dooley67 : 05-19-2014 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Needed to add something
Old 05-19-2014, 03:23 AM

The look and feel of the down-to-the-knee style (half pants and jammers) is just plain weird and uncomfortable. Especially when you're sitting down and see the just the tip of your knees.

For me, it's either long pants or short shorts and anything in between these options is out of consideration.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:36 AM

I really hate the "stunted" look that oversized baggy shorts give young people and men below average height.