Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 02:33 AM

Default Endurance

Yep, very nice suit - and good to know they are still around somewhere.
Age of that Endurance not stated but Speedo is clearly spelled out in their
old style font.
In fact what you submit there shows what I saw on the David Jones site
(see post#8).
Also I see now what is that fuzzy white strip in the rear leg seam - it is
the back-fabric of the embroidered word ENDURANCE.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:56 AM
Speedo Member

It is nice I wanted to keep i but had to return it,Too big.I will check out the site byron maybe I will order from them,Thanks.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy
Torchwatch they do make one with a 2" side,The prior one I bought on ebay was real nice but the seller listed the wrong size, it was a 38" instead of a 36".Here is that suit.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Speedo-Endurance-Brief-5cm-Swimsuit-36-Navy-Blue-with-Yellow-Drawstring-Waist-/171028817396?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=S8Ukd92hAOHflO9XeADcDDV ky5s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Could you please confirm whether the logos Speedo+Speedo Swoosh and Endurance were embroidered or silk screen printed onto the suit.

I am suspicious about the way in which the red coloured trim at the sides have been overlocked together, the stitching is usually hidden on the inside of the suit. Speedo do sometimes overlock on the outside of a suit but always with the same colour thread as the underlying fabric. It seems strange and amateur to use white thread on red and navy sections of fabric. A garment factory completing Speedo contracts would have many overlockers each set up with the correct coloured thread and the worker would pass the garments on to another machinist.

This suit was made in Asia for the Asian market, the red white and blue theme may have been in "support" for London 2012, the sizing is Asian, size 36" in UK is L not XXL as stated.

My conclusion is that it may have been made under a Speedo contract and use the Endurance fabric but is a "grey import" into the USA.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:46 PM

Default link

Might be some confusion here - the submitted link says navy blue and yellow so it's the 36" on Ebay to be looked at (which was unsuitable as
it turned out to be 38" when it arrived) - and that's what David Jones
was showing also and to which I drew attention.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:47 PM

Default Re. post #8

Had another look at what I saw and said for DJ.
To be quite accurate I should say Speedo here
is in the modern font and piping is white:
http://shop.davidjones.com/au/djs/en...bum-logo-brief

Theirs is $40 (though they have other Speedo) and I am going to stick my
neck out and say genuine
Old 05-19-2013, 07:37 PM

Red face merde !

Wrong slash above and link is
http://shop.davidjones.com.au/djs/en...bum-logo-brief
Old 05-19-2013, 08:51 PM

Apologies, I reviewed the wrong suit (one of the ones in the little boxes) didn't realise I could scroll down that page.

The black suit with the yellow piping and text on the back actually looks genuine, sorry it turned out to be too big.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:45 AM
Speedo Member

Yeah the suit was a keeper but the seller had a hard time with bad vision looking at the size which was really tiny,Honest mistake.But here is another ebay auction and if you scroll down to the bottom photos you will see it has the side inches listed below each photo,One of them is 2" I was tempted to buy these and they look nice but in light of what happened I am more aware of fakes and these might be as well,The leg bindings look too rippled. Am I right or wrong on this one??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-3-Speedo-Endurance-Mens-Brief-Bikini-Bathing-Swimsuit-Swimwear-Size-36-/261216363748?pt=US_CSA_MC_Swimwear&hash=item3cd1b5 64e4
Old 05-21-2013, 05:36 PM

Default caveat emptor

Looks like reasonable fabric in the pic and accurate speedo logo but a few alarm bells ring.
Supplier from Bangkok and this is supposedly an Edurance made in Thailand - but no
rear view in the presentation.
Tags not visible but something shown in the waist band as tucked in on the black one.
Sold as new without tags. That means "original tags may not be attached"
and buyer not to expect it in original packaging either.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:02 PM

In a garment factory tags are added after a product has passed quality control and is ready for packaging and despatch.

Tags are removed by retailers and customers for various reasons.

Speedo use a factory in Thailand for producing swim briefs for the European and other markets. Products not available in Europe could be made there.

A non tagged item in Thailand may have been made in the Speedo factory but may not have passed the final Quality Control test. Maybe we are talking seconds.