Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Speedo Member

Thanks skinnykid,Seller was cool and has no problem with me returning suits,This is actually my 2nd attempt in the last 2 weeks returning speedos Last week I ordered on ebay an endurance suit and it was nice but seller listed wrong size(return)Now this.I really want an endurance with around 1" or 2" sides.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:54 PM

A very long time ago, Speedo did use their swoosh without the "Speedo" text but I suspect we are going back to the days of nylon suits, it was on a glued on printed "badge" that could flake off. A modern suit should have the Speedo swoosh and "Speedo" text logos embroidered on.
These could possibly be very old suits that have been in storage, the elastane content of the Lycra may have corrupted, put them on and if the crotch drops towards your knees they are corrupt.
To counter the above argument I don't think the Endurance product is that old, having only been available in Europe for a few years. The Endurance effect is to make the suit last longer, ie to stop the crotch dropping down to your knees. This creates a paradox of a modern Endurance suit in storage for a long time, longer than Endurance have existed perhaps.
One of the suit labels says "Fabrique en Chine", this is French for "Made in China", this label was intended for the European market but ended up on a suit that got onto Ebay USA. Speedo were making suits for Europe in Sri Lanka before they contracted to have them made in China, if they are old suits then the labels don't match the suits.
The factories that own the RN (registration numbers) are contracted to make garments for the International Brands. See photo of an RN and bar code label earlier in this discussion. These factories often take on more work than they can cope with and subcontract it out to less reputable sweat shops. The sweat shops take possession of all the labels including the RN. From this source surplus genuine labels can get onto the fake market.
For about £60 or $100 anyone can set up in silk screen printing, you could print anything you wanted onto any old suit and make it more interesting. Who wouldn't want "Speedo" across the back of a suit, and the "Endurance" logo is desirable.
I suspect but cannot prove that your 2 suits have been made from old fabric, have old style swoosh label badges, genuine but misappropriated labels and some dodgy silk screen printing, and that similar suits are available throughout USA.
Fake goods do not satisfy peoples expectations and might put swimmers off the Speedo brand for life.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:56 PM

They don't make an Endurance suit with 1-2" sides in Europe.
Your search may be fruitless.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Speedo Member

Both of these suits say Fabrique en Chine,Now the black endurance suit has a very silky texture and is very stretchy and yes everything falls, so I have a hard time believing this will withstand the rigors of chlorine,It would probably disintegrate in one swim.Another thing I'm thinking is because this is European made suit,could it be it has that loose style?? The tag says 34" and it is not completely tight on me 100% but if I go to the swim shop here in U.S and buy a 34" it is very tight.They are obviously new suits though.My verdict is they are not 100% in some way or not up to speedo Quality control standards if official.

Last edited by skippy : 05-17-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:07 PM

Default what goes on

Your summing-up there seems quite plausible to me and unfortunately, with the manufacturing mysteries of the orient, "it goes with the territory".

I can confirm the short life of the simple brand mark which was impressed without any text in past years but it was surprising that , I think , Skinnykid reported its recent loss from his Speedo after just one swim session in chlorinated water.

Economic PS: We are told that High Street retailers are suffering in their sales against the ever-rising popularity of purchases online - but to see it, feel it, and read the labels has no satisfactory substitute in the world of speedos, I feel.
(is there a problem of personal hygiene protocol applied to trying-on the goods in US stores?)
Old 05-17-2013, 08:16 PM

Default confusion of order

To clarify, post #15 was in response to post #12 - and post #13 was a disappointment to learn - but explains my impression of not seeing any references for some time to the excellent little Endurance brief.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:36 PM

Default Speedo

To answer skippy's point I too am confused that separate companies still exist as Spedo GB and Speedo USA, although the brand is owned by the Pentland Group, headquartered in England.
What different and worldwide sub-contract arrangements are adopted by each I do not clearly know but I think there is an agreement not to trespass on each others' sales territories and it is highly likely that quality control standards of the resultant products are not co-ordinated.

I had better say here clearly that these are assumptions only on my part from what little I know as the Speedo Corporation is somewhat sensitive and litigious - and I readily accept herewith and unconditionally any amendments required to this post.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:09 PM

Default whats up with .....

I seriousely checked on the pics skippy sent and notice that on one of the labels it says size 34 then australian sz 14 sz 34 in aussi sz is not 14 but 18 error on tab perhaps.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Speedo Member

Now the more I look at the logo I think I bought Star Trek swim briefs,Glad to get rid of them.I did one of those well If I try them on today maybe I will like them better.....It didn't happen.

Last edited by skippy : 05-17-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:50 PM

With the leg hole elastics holding the suit close to you and the crotch fabric hanging half way down to your knees there is no way you will get to like that suit however many times you try it on.
You see swim club kids in really worn out Speedos looking like that as they climb the steps out of the pool, water dripping everywhere and you guess that their mums really can't be bothered to buy them new kit.