Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2019, 07:29 AM

Default Prevail Sport

I'm thinking of getting a Prevail Sport swimsuit. The downside is that their swimsuits do not have a drawstring. Has anyone swum laps in their suits, or in suits without a drawstring?
Old 09-09-2019, 12:58 PM

I have used the Prevail Sport suits in the past and have swum laps in them without any unfortunate events. They hug the torso tight. I owned several styles with full to half back and modest pouch and enjoyed the feel and comfort they offer. Today though I have adopted Neptune Scepter suits as my go-to suit of choice for all water activity as they do have drawstrings and are sexy cuts.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:59 PM

Thanks for the feedback. How do the Prevail Sport suits compare to the athletic swim briefs (Speedo, Tyr, Nike etc.) when it comes to lap swimming?
Old 09-10-2019, 09:30 PM

I never had any problems with the suits, like slipping down or chafing, etc. They seem to hug the body tight and contain the package well. If your primary focus is lap swimming, i would lean you to Neptune Scepter just because they have a drawstring and they are low front, full seat and if your average size, the minimal pouch will give you comfort. They also have a Sale section in which they sell off out of print suits. The Polyester suits feel great and the nylon ones do too and may hold up longer in the lap pool.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:20 PM

So in your experience, the Prevail Sport suits are similar to Speedo, Tyr, etc. when it comes to swimming laps?

Thanks for the rec. I visited the Neptune Scepter site and it doesn't say if their suits have a drawstring. How does low front compare to high front in terms of lap swimming? And overall, how do the Neptune Scepter suits compare to the athletic swim briefs (Speedo, Tyr, etc.)?

Last edited by arenaswimmer : 09-10-2019 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:46 AM

Default Prevail

Saw their add in men’s magazine looks like hot stuff. The Neptune look great too maybe one of each !! Enjoy !
Old 09-11-2019, 01:50 PM

I can assure you that all NS suits have a drawstring. I have a 34 waist and 38 hips, and wear their medium size. I like them tight. Note NS sizes are based on HIP measurement where most others are waist measure. They are NOT lined like Speedo suits, but that is not a problem. The low front is not a problem either on flip turns as the tight fit and drawstring keep the suit in place. Prevail Sport suits that do NOT have a drawstring will slip some on flip turns and that can be annoying at the least. That is why I have adopted the NS suit for all swim environments. And unlike many Asian suits their full seat coverage also holds the suit on and is family friendly. I have posted several pictures of me in my suits on the board. If you like search them out and you will see the things I speak of. Please note, I am not dissing Prevail Sport as they are sexy and revealing and well made. And they are on sale at the moment so I suggest you try one of each and find out for yourself which you like best for laps.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:00 PM

for my pics in the NS suits, most are in "what did you do in your Speedo today" blog. there are others..
Old 10-04-2019, 08:53 PM

I have a question. How can the suits be family friendly if they are unlined?
Old 10-05-2019, 03:16 AM
Speedo Member

Default Prevail Sport Closing

Prevail Sport is Closing for Ever
Get your suits before they are gone