Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2016, 01:32 PM

Default nephews in swimsuits

I don't have any children yet but I have two nephews that absolutely will not wear anything but Aussiebum swim briefs.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:16 PM

Sad to report, mine grew up in the dork shorts fashion age.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:13 PM

Michaelian, Interesting because my brothers and I wear briefs and so do two of my three cousins. The one who doesn't will not wear them because his mother is very vocal anti. We just laugh at her and it is a shame because it is obvious that he would like to wear the briefs. Regards
Old 06-02-2016, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightjeans
Michaelian, Interesting because my brothers and I wear briefs and so do two of my three cousins. The one who doesn't will not wear them because his mother is very vocal anti. We just laugh at her and it is a shame because it is obvious that he would like to wear the briefs. Regards

I noticed you're straight, and I'm just curious how your family feels about the openness to speedos? Is it just super casual or is your family just very progressive/relaxed? I always imagined straight guys would be apprehensive about showing too much in general but when a lot of guys are together anything seems to go.

I would guess that your aunt is apprehensive because she fears some sort of homophobia or at least has some prudeness to anything that shows too much despite everyone wearing them.

Last edited by BriefBro : 06-02-2016 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Speedo Member

There's certainly a stigma that goes with speedos. We never made a big deal out of it. It was a swimsuit and that's all. I guess it helps that all the men in my family wear them so it's easier for boys to be comfortable. My son just never thought any different

We just had a pool party this past weekend with the "swim parents" and every man and boy was in a speedo. It was kinda cool
Old 06-02-2016, 03:00 PM

[quote=BriefBro]I noticed you're straight, and I'm just curious how your family feels about the openness to speedos? Is it just super casual or is your family just very progressive/relaxed? I always imagined straight guys would be apprehensive about showing too much in general but when a lot of guys are together anything seems to go.

I would not say progressive at all, maybe regressive because these suits were very common 40 years ago. They are swimwear in our opinions with no other connotation.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:42 PM

I have been wearing speedos around my girlfriend and my kids for years... pool, beach, boating. No issues at all. Usually it is fairly conservative and the smallest are speedo solar.

Last weekend for the first time I wore speedos when i took the kids to my parents house and swam in their pool. I just don't see any issue with it...nobody said anything about my speedos.

Just wear them everyplace you would swim. I see no reason not to.

trying to attach a pic of me and my girlfriend wearing the same speedos

http://www.mensswimsuitboard.com/for...1&d=1464889165
Attached Images
File Type: jpg small new speedo.jpg (48.5 KB, 180 views)
Old 06-02-2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
A pool I used to swim at had locker keys mounted on big safety pins, repeatedly pushing the pins through the fabric of my Speedos would result in a hole, but the safety pin was large enough to pass over the narrowest part of my speedos at the side only slightly moving the fabric.
There are other ways of keeping keys: on a string or chain around the neck or in wrist or ankle bags (that can be found on Ebay. My running shorts don't usually have key pockets, rather than wear bigger shorts I carry just my door keys around my neck.

I asked him about your solutions and said that a key around his neck is annoying as it bounces off his chest. The car key is bulky so he has a pocket made in his jogging shorts to hold cash and key. His runs are no less than 5 miles and often will stop for a beverage before the 5 mile run back so the shorts are acceptable where the speedos aren't. Besides, he says he likes them better for running. At the gym he, of course, has a locker with a combination lock and needs to carry nothing for his swims.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:54 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedoMother

Until recently my son always wore shorts for swimming and visits to the beach. Recently i decided to put him in a speedo, after seeing other boys in them i thought speedos would be much better for him. He hated it and complained at first (Just started puberty) but hes gotten real used to them now. He doesnt swim competitively but he does like to swim a lot
Old 06-26-2016, 09:21 PM

No boy is going to admit to his mates that his mother has made him wear speedos, so when his mates see him in speedos at the pool he has to bluff it out and act like he chose them. He 'll say how they let him swim faster and then race them to the other end of the pool. I f he beats them then more of them will be in speedos next time.