Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2016, 12:21 PM

Default Runners/Joggers in Swim Bruefs

Hi Guys

I've noticed recently that a few guys go running along the coastal path near where I live in a pair of swim briefs, white sports socks and sneakers. It looks very sexy and makes a great change from seeing the usual guys in baggy shorts taking their morning run.

It also makes perfect sense to wear as little as possible when running, whilst still giving you good support and a sexy bulge profile.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:33 PM

I probably wouldn't run in speedos myself (unless I owned a private island with no one else around!) but I have to agree that long shorts are super annoying for running! Even on the treadmill at the gym, they swing wildly and are more trouble than they're worth, and on a bike they either ride up or constrict your movement. And don't even THINK about using the pockets! I have to make sure my pockets are empty. Otherwise, the shorts flop around even more.

That's why I love swimming for exercise instead of running. You can wear speedos and fit right in!
Old 05-05-2016, 04:57 PM

I wouldn't hesitate if I had a thigh gap :P
Old 05-05-2016, 07:11 PM

I noticed a few runners today wearing short shorts. It would appear that the running community, on average, wear shorter shorts than the swimmers. That doesn't make any sense.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
I noticed a few runners today wearing short shorts. It would appear that the running community, on average, wear shorter shorts than the swimmers. That doesn't make any sense.

I do not claim to be a runner, but I did attempt to walk/jog/run a few years ago. As I did some research into it back then, I discovered that real runners -- well actually not just runners but long-distance runners, like half-marathon and marathon runners -- wear shorts that are as short as possible to allow the heat of their legs--including the thighs--to dissipate. On their lengthy runs, they do not want to overheat.

That is also why many of those runners, to accommodate heat dissipation and to prevent chafing on their nipples that cause them to bleed, wear either no shirt, or a very tight tank top that will let heat out (no sleeves or high collar) and prevent chafing (because the shirt is so tight).

Maybe I have some of that explanation wrong, but that is what I recall reading about.

I participated in a 5k, once, and saw a guy there with the shortest shorts I have ever seen on a guy, and the tightest tank top. That is what prompted me to look into it. Even though it was not a long-distance run, that may be the attire he is used to wearing... Just like many swimmers wear a racer cut suit even if they are not competing.

Last edited by Captain.Jammer : 05-05-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:49 PM

Default Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReservedEnthusiast
I probably wouldn't run in speedos myself (unless I owned a private island with no one else around!) but I have to agree that long shorts are super annoying for running! Even on the treadmill at the gym, they swing wildly and are more trouble than they're worth, and on a bike they either ride up or constrict your movement. And don't even THINK about using the pockets! I have to make sure my pockets are empty. Otherwise, the shorts flop around even more.

That's why I love swimming for exercise instead of running. You can wear speedos and fit right in!

If you had a private island, why bother to wear anything?
Old 05-05-2016, 08:07 PM

Default Running

The cross country team from a nearby college wear very short split shorts when running so there is not much covered that wouldn't be if they were wearing speedos. The team at another nearby nearby college started to practice nude one day and they were suspended for one meet and took a forfeit. Strange thing is that the second college had staged The Full Monty and had a paint the hunk fundraiser where students painted parts of the bodies of athletes in very brief underwear. I guess male exposed skin is more acceptable in some settings than others.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist75
If you had a private island, why bother to wear anything?

Lol Minimalist75 you're living up to your username and I'm living up to mine! I don't enjoy going nude, not even to sleep in. It partially has to do with the same reason I wouldn't wear a swimsuit that goes transparent in the water. I don't find a full reveal very attractive; I'd much rather leave a little bit to the imagination. That includes when I'm alone.

And regarding that team that practiced nude and got suspended: all I can say is we can't ALL be the Warwick Rowers!
Old 05-06-2016, 12:40 AM

i've been trying to get back into running. I cant say i wear short shorts due to rubbing but i've found out a swim jammer works well like these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seobean-New-Swim-suit-Mens-Bikini-Swimming-Trunks-Swimwear-Jammers-/322061362121

would like to run in a speedo brief but i'd be rubbed raw after the 1st mile or 2.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega1210
i've been trying to get back into running. I cant say i wear short shorts due to rubbing but i've found out a swim jammer works well like these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seobean-New-Swim-suit-Mens-Bikini-Swimming-Trunks-Swimwear-Jammers-/322061362121

would like to run in a speedo brief but i'd be rubbed raw after the 1st mile or 2.

I am with you vega1210. The chafing issue is why I wear jammers to swim. And for running, I wear compression shorts underneath running shorts.

This exact suit to which you have linked is one I am considering getting to add to my jammer collection.

While I would be fine wearing them to swim, I don't think I am bold enough to wear them, alone, to run. So, I applaud and admire your intent to do so!