Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2015, 01:44 PM

Default Speedo friendly saunas in London?

Hi Guys, my first post here

I'm a big speedo fan and I'm planning a trip to London. I'll be checking out some of the shops in soho to add to my collection. I'm also pretty curious to go to a gay sauna for the first time. What I'd like to know, if anyone can help, is which saunas in london allow you to wear speedos? I know some have very strict no clothing rules to minimise drug problems...

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2015, 09:53 PM

I am somewhat confused. First I don't know why you would want to wear anything in a sauna but more confusing is the "minimize drug use" comment. What drugs would you want to take into a sauna? Why couldn't said drugs be tucked under the towel you take in?
Old 11-17-2015, 08:13 AM

Well I want to wear speedos because I love them. I'm talking about gay saunas that are for cruising and meeting other men so there are areas that are not just literally a sauna and I'd rather be walking around enjoying my speedos. The drugs comment is just what I have read on reviews online to explain some of the dress code policies. Apparently some places have drug problems and take literally everything off you at the door and just give you a towel. To be clear, i'm not into drugs myself!
Old 11-17-2015, 05:20 PM

When you arrive at a gay sauna in London you will pay at reception and be given a towel and possibly a locker key. They may search you bags and any obviously bulging pockets. If you want to get your speedos past the search wear them over or under your underwear briefs.

The current drug problem is GHB, it is a date rape drug, a little makes you lose your inhibitions, more makes you passive to the point of being unable to move. In the sauna or steam room being unable to move will cause you to cook and die. Mixing alcohol with excess GHB makes you lose control of conscious body movement and can disrupt your autonomic system disrupting breathing and heart rate. In a quiet cabin at a sauna the GHB/alcohol user may easily die unnoticed and sauna staff now check on cabins at regular intervals.

Since GHB is a colourless odourless liquid the easiest way to hide it is in a resealable mineral water or soft drinks bottle, mixing it with the drink. This is what reception staff are looking for.

Some years ago I was at Chariots Shoreditch sauna and noticed the guy sitting next to me was unresponsive. I could have raped or murdered him and he would have been unable to protect himself. I pulled him out of the sauna and sat him in the cool while sending someone to get the staff. The staff called an ambulance. He'd been using GHB.

In London the Chariots Saunas are the biggest, the one at Shoreditch even has an indoor swimming pool. They are modern and well equipped.

The Locker Room (Kennington) is an old style sauna, 2 old shops and their cellars knocked together. Being smaller and more crowded with few private cabins there is no GHB problem there. Except during advertised nude sessions (where wearing towels is forbidden) you can wear your speedos here as much as you like.