Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2015, 11:08 AM

Default Letter from Fort Lauderdale

Here’s my report after spending the last two weeks in the Fort Lauderdale area:
Other than at Sebastion Street beach, the gay beach, Speedo sightings were almost nil. One exception: yesterday I saw a cute 20-something Hispanic in a black speedo at Las Olas beach, a non-gay beach (although I suspect he was gay in that he was with 3 other guys). Even in Canadian-friendly Hollywood, there were almost no sightings. Special mention goes to one super-studly guy and his girlfriend in matching gold thongs. Back at crowded Sebastion beach, the swimsuit breakdown was about 40% briefs, 40% square-cuts, and 20% other. Briefs were mostly not the tight, low-cut style I prefer, but more fashion-oriented and higher-waisted, with piping, color blocking, and such. A 50's-era Jantzen look is popular. A couple of Aussiebum 1.5 suits stood out. An enjoyable time was had.
A reliable place to spot Speedos other than Sebastion beach is the Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Center. This is a large swimming pool complex with 2 x 50 meter pools and a separate diving well. (Compared to where I normally swim, the entry fee is cheap, cheap, cheap.) It is usually crowded in the morning hours with swimmers, including beach life guards. The swimsuit mix is about 60% briefs, 30% jammers, and 10% other. The beach life guards swim there prior to reporting to their lifesaving stations, and all wear red briefs emblazoned across the butts with “Ocean Rescue”; unfortunately their briefs are generally ill-fitting, over-sized, nylon(?), with about 6” sides. Think mid-60’s Dolphin brand suits. Someone should donate some special-order Turbos to them. When the Ocean Rescue crew leave for their posts, they all slide on red surf trunks over their briefs. (One exception noted at Sebastion beach one day: a guard in only his Ocean Rescue briefs.) The briefs worn by other swimmers (non-guards) at the Aquatic Center are usually black with 3” sides, but I noted a few guys in what looked like Sporti Euros with 2” sides. Occaisionally a visiting team practiced at the pool and provided a change of scenery. The visiting teams guys seemed to universally wear briefs, not jammers. Last week provided a special treat when what appeared to be an Italian swim team held practice at the pool, and the guys all wore 1.5” briefs. Low and tight.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:09 PM

Agreat report. Your experience at the beaches re: briefs mirrors mine exactly April of last year. I did not go to the Hall of Fame as did not think they would appreciate gawkers only as the place could be a magnate for some outlandish behavior by a few. Thanks
Old 05-06-2015, 08:10 PM

I have to wonder about the timing of the trip. It seems that this time of year has a lot of spring breaker in Florida and too much of the college crowd. Perhaps your luck would be better at a different time of year. Are there any Floridians on the board that can confirm or deny this thought?
I have discovered in many years of travel that the tide of what is being worn can change quite literally overnight. I have been in Las Vegas when there is a big convention of Teamsters and Union guys. Poolside consists mainly of beer swilling guys in boardies or even cut off jeans. The next morning when the convention is over a new one comes in that may be shoe salesmen or florists and the pool area is all skimpy speedos. Where someone comes from and their normal lifestyle has a lot to do with it. I had one guy who made a comment about my bikini suit one time tell me he was from Canada and the swimming season only lasts a week or two (think he was exaggerating) so never really thought about buying anything other than what he had worn as a kid. He ended up trying on my suit and liked it and wore during that Vegas trip, but seriously doubt it has made it out of his drawer since.
It has been several years since I was in Ft Lauderdale but I wore a speedo as did many of the guys on the beach. That was in October. There was also a great shop for skimpy mens swimwear. Happily some beaches have webcams on them so you can see before you travel.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:26 AM

I'm not surprised that brief swimsuits are reserved for pool swimming rather than beach wear.

I don't go to beaches that often, but if I went for the sun and sand, I would probably wear a 60's style causal swim suit (more like short gym shorts) instead of a speedo.

However when I go to the pool, my speedo is the only option.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:42 PM

Default Letter from Fort Lau.....

Palm Springs Dave your canadian friend is way way off,
the swimming season in Canada depends oh the province , in BRITISH COLOMBIA IT STARTS AROUND Half may to end of october depending of course south of the province and the weathers humour, about the same in the outher provinces except swimming opens a bit later in May and closes a bit earlier in oct, here im Montreal the city opens and closes its pools accorcigly, for crying out loud we canadians don live at the north pole and we dont live in igloos, the canadian parliaments buildings in Ottawa is not a huge igloo that has 4 floors and the 2 top floors dont melt to be rebuilt starting winter. as a matter of fact right now 6th May 10,35 am the weather is at plus 23 degrees c and after noon it will be at plus 27 degrees (in this heat the igloos are long time melted lol) by next Saturday they are predicting plus 30 degrees. OH BY THE WAY APOLOGIES FOR MY MISSPELLINGS HERE IN QUEBEC MY HOME THE LANGUAGE IS FRENCH, OH JUST ANOTHER THING WE NEED REFRIGARATORS IN OUR HOMES TO. AND AIR CONDITIONNERS IN THE SUMMER TIME AND WE TO WEAR SPEEDOS YOU SEE THEM AT IN AND OUTDOOR POOLS.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:28 PM

Smile

Louis,

I think you took Dave too literally - he did say that he thought the fellow from Canada was exaggerating. Anyone who has been to Canada in the spring and summer knows that it can get very hot especially in the eastern provinces.

D67
Old 05-07-2015, 06:48 PM

Yay Canada!

Toronto here!

Speedo tanning tomorrow all day
Old 05-08-2015, 01:46 PM

Default Letter from fo........

Dooley, no no I didnt say that Dave was way off, I sead that his Canadian friend was way off.
How can a friend from Canada say that our pools and swimming season last a week or two witch is totally ridiculous, lol perhaps there is another country called Canada in the world near the arctic or antartic circles.
Anyway opur summers are scorch hot due to the humidex factor and the best speedo weather yep ideal for speedos indeed.
BTW LETS NOT GIVE IN ABOUT OUR BELOVED LITTLE GARMRNT DISAPEARING FROM THE\MARKETTAKE A LOOK ON EBAY AND MANY OUTHER FIRMS AND PRIVATE SELLERS THEY ARE OFFERED BY THE HUNDREDS ALL OVER THE INTERNET, AND NOT TO MENTION DIVERS, WATER POLO PLAYERS, STILL SOME SWIMMERS, AND THERE SUITS ARE SO SLURPING LICKING GOOD OH LA LA AND WOWEEEEEEEEE:
Old 05-08-2015, 01:55 PM

Thumbs up Letter......

sPEEDO ,,,,,, 86 WHAT BEACH IN TO WILL YOU BE TANNING AT I USED TO KNOW ONE CALLED wOODBINE BEACH JUST AT THE EAST END AROUND THE BEGINNING OF KINGSTON RD. IS THAT BEACH STILL THERE.