Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2014, 12:49 AM
Speedo Member

Jimmy.113437.gif

One of the boys from movimus...wearing one of the many many bikinis/speedos I purchased for movimus (formerly NHB) over the years...great to wrestle in these!
Old 03-03-2014, 02:50 AM

Default Jimmy

OK - do the guys stick to nylon or Lycra - or doesn't matter ?
(NHB was previously NoHoldsBarred?)
Old 03-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Speedo Member

Yes it used to be NoHoldsBarred...changed about 2.5 years ago to Movimus...it is a good honest company. And I think their product is very very good.

I used to go hunting on ebay for years...many of the suits I got were new, unused - it didn't matter lycra/nylon either was fine...many of the suits were from Europe or Asia, some in the US. So almost the entire collection of suits that the owner has, is mainly purchased by me. Some are swimmer briefs ( 2 inch sides), some are more true bikinis (1-1.5 inch sides, higher cut, backside may be less full although some of the Asian suits cover full backside and still are 0.5-1 inch sides, with nonpouch front - those a re the best suits).
Old 03-05-2014, 03:23 AM

Default post#21+action

Jimmy in black speedo?
http://movimuswrestling.com/mw2013-17/
Old 03-07-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist75
Only place in the US I have tried it is Disney. There are always some men there in speedos, but I don't recall ever seeing any at another US water park.

One of the biggest problems with guys that like speedos is they are basically chickens. Guys may go to the beach or pool with speedos on under their shorts and not see another guy in a speedo and not take the shorts off. Has it ever occurred to you guys that maybe there are a lot of other guys with the "I don't want to be the only one in a speedo" mentality that are sitting on the same beach in their shorts.
If you like your speedo and look good in it, by all means wear it. So what if you are the only one, you know you are comfortable and like what you are wearing. A regular cut speedo is a common swimsuit and nothing to be shy about. I have a basic black 2" I travel with (among others) that I can wear if I am unsure how the crowd by the pool. I found another way to deal with the speedo is speak French and they will think you are a tourist.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:49 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist75
Water slides in a speedo are great.That's the only style of suit I wore when I went to Atlantis. Don't recall seeing any other men in them on the slides, but there was a substantial minority in them at the pool & beach. There were several men, including me, in at the poolside carry out lunch counter.
Only place in the US I have tried it is Disney. There are always some men there in speedos, but I don't recall ever seeing any at another US water park.
One other activity is beach volleyball. I know someone who plays regularly and he mentioned that while board shorts are most common, a few of the men play in speedos.

Back in 1981-1985 - in NJ where I am from, in Vernon Valley-Great Gorge, there used to be a water slide theme park (rather unsafe now that I am thinking about all the hazards!) called Action Park...when i went there during those years, I would say at least one in four guys, and among guys under 30 that was one in three, were wearing a speedo/swimmers brief, even the lifeguards there wore speedos. I don't remember anyone making a fuss, but in the 80s - speedos were a regular occurrence - at Swartzwood State Park, Lake Hopatcong...and of course up and down the Jersey Shore - Seaside, Asbury, Atlantic City, Wildwood...
Old 03-21-2014, 12:32 AM

Default Shallow water net fishing.

In Aquitaine in the Bay of Biscay, France; the locals go fishing in speedos and square cuts. They use "volleyball" nets that they walk through the shallows as the tide goes in or out and catch any fish passing by.
I guess this is a sport and it provides dinner.
This is a type of fishing best done in speedos.

http://six.flash-gear.com/npuz/puz.p...295&k=51974062

Last edited by Torchwatch : 03-21-2014 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:06 AM

Default Seining

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ing_salmon.jpg
Salmon caught in Columbia River Oregon 1914 (no speedos - probably a bit cold)
Old 03-21-2014, 06:15 PM

Default sports to do....

torchwatch- doen the puzzle, looks more like a squarecut
Byron, how terrible long --UGE... URK...
Old 03-21-2014, 08:43 PM

Talking sorry about that...

Tw will have to come up with some pictorial (and piscatorial LOL) evidence here. Nowhere do I find any speedos - far from it for the seiners I have seen.

Ancient method - I thought of French etymology but it apparently goes way back to the Greek sagene (meaning fishing net)