Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2018, 01:00 PM

Default Speedo Bikini Review

I thought I would post a new thread dedicated to personal opinion and review of our bikini swimwear as a testament to the pluses and minuses, pros and cons, of suits we have purchased and used in real time in the pool, spa, sea, and surf. I will begin the post with a a review of a recent purchase. Hopefully I can convey enough info so you can draw your own conclusions and perhaps guide you to a purchase of your own.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:17 PM

Default Kiniki Andre Micro Swim

The Kiniki suits can be purchased direct from Kiniki.com. The Andre is a nylon/lycra suit. It has a 3/4" side, no lining, and is very comfortable to wear. The photos are my yellow medium size, waist 32, fit in both dry and wet condition. The contoured front allows for a reasonable range of package size and does not hide or shape the package in either dry or wet condition. I posted the dry suit in color of the month challenge. these photos are when it is wet and as you can see, the outlines show clearly.

there is no draw string, which in the case of this suit would take from its styling. Swimming laps is okay, however, flip turns and hard push-offs will drag the suit and make it feel like it is coming off. Other than that issue, this is a very well made suit, great material, and fit, and works well in any swim or sunning setting. Questions and comments are always welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kiniki Andre Side Wet).jpg (76.9 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg Kiniki Andre Front Wet.jpg (75.1 KB, 113 views)
Old 09-04-2018, 02:53 PM
Speedo Member

great review lapswimmer i have just bought the andre in red and will let you know what i think once it has turned up. i think a review page would be a great idea so as to give other members an idea as to what the suits look and feel like before buying.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:27 PM

Thank you Mark. Glad you support the notion. I have a tan-through coming and will give it a review when it gets here. The idea is for others like you to also comment and I look forward to your photos and comments.

We all have different bodies and few are sporting sixpacks like the models on the websites. So hopefully we can promote the bikini style on our bodies for other's benefit.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:42 PM

Default Neptune Scepter Bikini

The Neptune Scepter line of bikinis are low front coverage with cover-the-crack seat. The Taiwan made suit is sized off of the hip measurement and not the waist, like we are mostly used to. The suits are made of 63% Poly and 37% spandex giving the suit a nice two way stretch and tight fit and extremely smooth feel. Being unlined you will show more in these suits. The contoured front is small and does not contain the well endowed as they are Asian cuts for Asian bodies. These suits do have draw strings which are very nice for lap swimming. The draw string tucks nicely in the suit and holds it tight to your hips. Other than the string tightness the suit's feel disappears from your body.

I am illustrating here a well worn wet suit. New suits seem to be less revealing and compress the package more giving a roundness to your package. I chose the medium size shown here and the cut is consistent on every NS suit I have purchased through the years. A dry pic was used in the color of the month challenge, so I am showing it wet after my lap swim. These suits are a print on white material, so as shown here, the white material has a slight flesh appearance from the see-through perspective.

I highly recommend Neptune Scepter for the quality of workmanship and multiple prints to choose from. However, there is only one design for cut and fit. If you like a low front bikini but want full seat coverage, I think you will like this brand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Neptune Scepter JN.jpg (73.2 KB, 121 views)
Old 09-05-2018, 12:47 PM

While surfing the internet for Low Rise Men's Bikini, I ran onto a site in Bulgaria that will custom cut their suit to fit your liking. They sell thru Etsy which is predominately a women's clothing outlet, but the bikini was directed to the male wearer. The name is Magneti.

The suit is made of a very soft spandex lycra blend and are single color, no patterns. You size the suit based on your weight, not waist inches or CM which I thought to be unique. And they are handmade to order. I requested a 1/2 CM reduction in the front contour and 1/2 CM reduction in the seat cut for a little more show there. The maker will email back and forth with you on your customization including photos of the final suit. The suit has a drawstring which is good for rushing water activity. The suit is so soft it simply clings to the body and like so many suits, feel like you are wearing nothing. They line the suit with another print fabric so there is no see-thru concerns with this suit. Stitching and craftsmanship is very good.

The maker will save your pattern of your custom cut for future reference as they encourage repeat business.

The photos are a quick dry run just to indicate the styling. The softness of the material does not allow a snug capture of the package, although sizing down or having them cut it tighter may be better suited for your liking. For the larger package, this suit will embrace it comfortably. I can recommend this maker to anyone liking this kind of cut.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg magneti front.jpg (74.1 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg magneti side.jpg (72.1 KB, 63 views)
Old 09-05-2018, 06:46 PM

Link please? Searching "magneti" autocorrects to magnetic, so can't find this seller
Old 09-05-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE_OH_thonger
Link please? Searching "magneti" autocorrects to magnetic, so can't find this seller

https://www.etsy.com/shop/magneti
Old 09-05-2018, 09:26 PM

Here is link i found the suit on.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2359593...wimsuit-briefs
Old 09-06-2018, 07:10 PM

Default Kiniki Tan-Through Micro Bikini

Illustrated here is a medium size Kiniki brand Azure (I favor blue) micro bikini. The purpose of the Tan-through fabric is just that; to allow enough sun's rays to penetrate the material to provide less tan line on the wearer. This suit reminds me of the Speedo Paper suits from the 70's. The material is paper thin with very small penetrations to let the light through.

I just received the suit today and shot a couple of images for the post. If you hold the suit up to the light you can see through it, but the print design is cleaver enough to hide the genitals for public wearing. Advise to shave the bush for this suit as the suit will look like it has a beard, which could be a novel conversation piece!!!

There is no draw string as that would defeat the purpose of the suit. I do not recommend wearing this one for fast movement in the water as it does not fit tight but is snug to the body and feels almost invisible when walking around. The flat front is also party to the purpose as a front seam my create a line in the wrong area. Seems to be enough suit for a reasonable package size.

There is still plenty of sunning weather in Texas so I will test the efficiency of smoothing out my tan line and feeling practically naked enjoying the moment.

Price point for these suits is about $16 US which is cheap for many of these styles. Kiniki ships direct and front England to Texas is about 10 days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kiniki Azure Tanthru Front.jpg (74.0 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg Kiniki Azure Tanthru Side.jpg (65.4 KB, 39 views)