Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2018, 10:55 AM

Default Wife bought me...

...a pair of J.Crew swim shorts. Ugh. While they're short and expose plenty of thigh, her intentions are clear that she wants me to give up the speedos. She has never truly embraced my preference for wearing them, but has tolerated them up to a point. We'll be going to Aruba in September and I'm not sure if she was expecting me to wear these short shorts while we are there. It's Aruba, I'm not giving up my speedo freedom while I am there. If there's any place to wear them, it's there!
Old 07-10-2018, 11:36 AM

Maybe buy your wife a pair of board shorts and see how she likes wearing them
Old 07-10-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedySpeedo
Maybe buy your wife a pair of board shorts and see how she likes wearing them
Good reply.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:14 PM

Don't ever let your wife buy your swimming gear.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
Don't ever let your wife buy your swimming gear.
My wife has never bought me swimwear. She is fine with me wearing a speedo except around certain conservative family and friends.
However, when I was transitioning to full time commando, she noticed my underwear supply was getting worn and small and I wasn't wearing it regularly so she bought me some more and opened the package and put it in the drawer so I couldn't even return it. I then belatedly told her that I was in the process of giving up underwear.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:03 PM

This may be a radical idea: ASK HER. See if she is totally against you in speedos or is it just around friends. Tell her you want your speedos in Aruba - since you know no one there.
Asking us is not the best place to learn her feelings on the issue. If you wearing a speedo is more important than her feelings, perhaps you need to review your priorities.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:11 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
This may be a radical idea: ASK HER. See if she is totally against you in speedos or is it just around friends. Tell her you want your speedos in Aruba - since you know no one there.
Asking us is not the best place to learn her feelings on the issue. If you wearing a speedo is more important than her feelings, perhaps you need to review your priorities.

Feelings is a two way street. This appears to be a symptom of control issues that is emerging. I am pretty sure the harridan would be offended if he suggested that she be more modest swimwear wise. Typical female hypocrisy and entitlement.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speedo
...a pair of J.Crew swim shorts. Ugh. While they're short and expose plenty of thigh, her intentions are clear that she wants me to give up the speedos. She has never truly embraced my preference for wearing them, but has tolerated them up to a point. We'll be going to Aruba in September and I'm not sure if she was expecting me to wear these short shorts while we are there. It's Aruba, I'm not giving up my speedo freedom while I am there. If there's any place to wear them, it's there!

None of us knows the details of your situation but you may be reading too much into this. Maybe this is a suit she is comfortable with you wearing around her conservative family and friends. Why would she buy you a suit in July that she wants you to wear in September? I’d be open and just tell her you noticed that she got you a new pair of trunks and allow her to speak her mind.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:47 PM

Ask her if it's all right to wear slightly more clothing in public than she does.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:37 AM

A better question would be to ask "Why are women allowed to wear clothing that has less coverage than men?"