Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2018, 10:01 PM

Default GX3 Fundoshi (jockstrap, thong)

Came across this suit from GX3, the fundoshi. It is actually an underwear, in 3 colors choices.

But I can imagine to be wearing this thong for private sunning or beaches more acceptable to revealing swimsuits.

I love and want the Navy color. The strings, Japanese's style are very attractive.

http://tnt.ne.jp/SHOP/k531.html

I got to download a copy of this video. So sexy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLj0wWLm5-4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg k531-slider s.jpg (63.8 KB, 91 views)
Old 06-24-2018, 08:47 PM

Already ordered one from Taobao. Group shipping, it will probably take a month to arrive. I chose the NAVY color.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:51 PM

Black

Grey

Navy

The twisted, tied strings are very culturally artistic !
Old 07-18-2018, 07:23 PM

I got one thru Amazon and really like it. Why they call it a fundoshi I have no idea - it is a g-string. Very comfortable for underwear or around the house. My only complaint is the rope is very stretchy so the next time I will downsize. It tends to be pulled down by the contents. Could never wear it to swim in. It would come off.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:10 PM

I got one through ebay.

theyre fun.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
I got one thru Amazon and really like it. Why they call it a fundoshi I have no idea - it is a g-string. Very comfortable for underwear or around the house. My only complaint is the rope is very stretchy so the next time I will downsize. It tends to be pulled down by the contents. Could never wear it to swim in. It would come off.
In Japanese, it is called ふんどし. In Japanese, it is pronounce Fundoshi. It means loincloth. And you may use Google translate to listen to how it sounded.

These type of g-strings, are fancy modern underwear remake of a traditional loincloth. I do feel that it will come off in the current.

But for the real Japanese traditional tied Fundoshi, they are relatively tight. They wouldn't come off, as seen at their festivals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedorob86
I got one through ebay.
theyre fun.
I haven't receive the item in the mail yet. But I do feel they are fun to wear. Fun to look at myself wearing them.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:09 PM
Speedo Member

Just received three of these. One of the most comfortable "g-strings" that I've ever worn. Notice the "sizes are measured in flat-laid position", so they are the MINIMUM sizes (you should probably order one size smaller than you need).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Men-...846896427.html
Old 07-27-2018, 07:12 PM

By strict and correct definitions - as explained to me by a costume maker in Las Vegas making show costumes that started her career costuming the Ziegfeld's Follies. (Sadly she has passed away - boy the stories she had, not to mention the best fitting g's, thongs and bikinis)

A Fundoshi is a single long piece of fabric that through twisting and tucking is formed into a garment that can either be a loin cloth or thong, depending on how the front fabric is tucked. The sumo wrestlers pretty much introduced them to the wester world.

A G-String, as the name indicates, is a pouch that covers the genitals connected by a string around the waist and another from the base of the pouch to the waist string via the butt crack. Made popular by strippers back in the 20's.

A Thong is virtually the same except for the connection from the base of the pouch to the waist string is a piece of fabric, usually about an inch wide. The waist can be anything from a string to what appears to be a brief or bikini from the front with the buttocks exposed in the back. This was developed out of necessity. Some decency laws considered the anus part of genitalia so had to be covered.

As we have seen recently, even the designers and makers of swim and under wear haven't done their homework to find out the correct definitions before they label their garments. At this point, probably no one cares but it would be nice if all used the same names in describing the garment.

While we're at it, a Tanga is a suit that resembles a g-string in the front, has a very thin waist band and pretty much full coverage in the back. The Rio cut bikini is getting called a Tanga incorrectly. The Rio is a very brief bikini that is cut as most suits - a front and a back that taper up to form a very narrow side. The name comes from the city that developed it in the late 70's through the 80's. (From an ultra skimpy bikini to a baggy Sunga?? Are the nuts??)
Old 08-10-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethongguy
Just received three of these. One of the most comfortable "g-strings" that I've ever worn. Notice the "sizes are measured in flat-laid position", so they are the MINIMUM sizes (you should probably order one size smaller than you need).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Men-...846896427.html

Yes, with the price plus shipping of the GX3, I could buy 13 of the unbranded on Aliexpress.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
Fundoshi
Loin cloth
G-String
Thong
Tanga
Rio cut
Sunga
Good explanations of the correct definitions. Those were what I had learnt of the different styles.
Still, sometimes I did mixing up, may be for quick discussion replies.

For the retailers/designers, they used the term Fundoshi, I guess was for marketing reasons. These are Fundoshi inspired design. Non-Japanese consumers, like me, wouldn't want to tie the cloth underwear everytime going out the door. These G-strings are for people who like the Fundoshi imitation. And also easily searchable online.