Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2018, 09:28 AM

Default Doctors and Tan Lines

Has you doctor ever noticed or commented on your tan line?

I got a pronounced speedo tan this summer. Earlier this week, I went to my dermatologist for my annual skin exam. The assistant that took me back gave me the usual instructions, everything off and put the drape on my lap.

As always, she removed the drape part way through he exam. "I see you've been enjoying the sun this summer," she said when she saw me.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:20 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

I have had the same exam here in Florida where skin cancer screening is important because of the all-year-round sun but never had any comments of that sort. If she said "Speedo tan line" I'd probably embarrass myself :-)
Old 09-20-2018, 12:24 PM

"Gee, the Sun likes you," --- female nurse practitioner.

Last edited by Red^^Speedo : 09-20-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:31 AM
Speedo Member

A doctor once asked me how I got by wearing a suit THAT small. I had been wearing a "big dipper" string side bikini from Frederick's of Hollywood. They sold men's bikinis too at the time.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:39 PM

Default Partly part of the evaluation process

Anyone with strong tan lines is at special risk for skin cancer and other problems. The smaller the untanned area, the greater the risk, and doctors would look particularly at both men and women with lots of skin that has been heavily exposed to the sun....so enjoy wearing your suits, but you need to be safe when in sun outdoors as well.

Sebbie
Old 09-21-2018, 02:38 PM

Default Doctors

The only distinct line I have is at my waist, since I wear shirt as rarely as possible. I wear a speedos to swim and short of varying lengths for other activities. While I also sun and swim nude at time, it is no where near enough to eliminate the tan line. I did tell my dermatologist that I do get some sun where most people don't, in case that would affect my examination.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadInASpeedo
... I got a pronounced speedo tan this summer. ...

Let's see a pic, Dad!
Old 09-23-2018, 09:38 PM

The only comment I've ever received was from my aesthetician :P
"You and your speedos. LOL"
Old 09-25-2018, 02:22 PM
Speedo Member

I went to my tattoo shop in June. Considering a new tattoo on my hip that would be partially obscured while wearing a speedo and, as people typically want to see new tats, would give reason to lowering one side to reveal the tat and tanline.
Anyhoo, while at the shop I narrowed the design down to two. They stenciled both designs on transfer paper and I stripped down to my jockys and got comfortable in the hotseat. Being only a 'fitting' session, the shop assistant, female, took over and we discussed exactly where I wanted the stencils placed. One design, I wanted directly on my right side at the hip. The second I decided to place on the front inside of my left hip. That being said, I was asked to lower my jockeys so she could carefully set both designs. Although I didnt fully expose myself I didnt leave much to be imagined. She immediately complimented my tanlines but then informed me too much sun can have negative effects on a tattoo. The outside hip tattoo went on first with little repositioning. I was indecisive on the inside hip tat and, given the design, decided I wanted it closer to my package. This left me no choice but to fully lower my jockys. The assistant remained very professional, obviously not the first time having a customer fully exposed on the table, and applied the design. Her gloved hand did come in contact with me but she remained professional as I would expect.
After, she commented she felt the inside hip tat would be more sexier when wearing a speedo and people would beg me to show them the whole thing.
As far as my decision, I have still not decided.... when I do you folks will know lol
Old 09-26-2018, 12:10 PM

Default Docs

Also had a dermatologist visit about 14 months ago. After the Doc left the assistant told me essentially " I can tell that you are a swimmer, my son competes on the college water polo team and w are used to seeing guys in briefs, My husband competed in HS and college and still wears the briefs ". Felt good not to be considered odd or have some gay innuendo stated, straights wear them as well.