Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 03:31 PM

Default new member

Welcome today (what's in profile pic? - doesn't seem to be a Speedo speedo)
Btw, Dorcas3 is from VT also (I hope I have that right).
Old 01-09-2014, 04:03 AM

I dont remember what gor me hooked but as a young kid I always loved swimming, the olympics, the beach, whales (in part for their design too), streamlined stuff in general, and bikinis on girls so it kinda just came all together as an early pre teen, Then when my hormones kicked in...
Old 01-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Speedo Member

I had my first speedo when I was about 15. At that time the long board shorts didn't exist and about a third of the guys wore speedos to the pool. I started wearing them again in my early 20's, first fairly conservative speedos then over time they have gotten skimpier and skimpier. Less material is better!
Old 06-10-2014, 01:52 PM

Smile First speedo

I'm late getting in on this - just discovered this thread while looking at earlier posts.

I didn't start wearing speedos until late high school/early college when I was 16. I took swimming as a PE class in college and we had to wear the speedos provided by the PE department. They were like a wool fabric and even though I hated the fabric, I loved the look (I also loved looking at my hot classmates in their speedos). I then bought my first, a solid green Ocean nylon speedo with 4 or 5" sides which felt great. Soon after in a sporting good store I saw a blue and white vertical striped speedo with probably 2" sides and low on the hips, bought it and wore it for years.

D67
Old 06-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Speedo Member

I've always worn then. From when I was a little kid till now at 35. It was what my dad wore, and still does, so I guess it's why I wore them.

I never liked swimming in shorts so just carried on with speedos. They eventually got harder and harder to find so I started looking on the Internet as my old ones were getting ratty. Once I saw SO many different styles and colours I started collecting them and have a fair few now.

I started my son wearing them like my dad did with me and he's the same way. Hates swimming in shorts!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:42 PM

Bizarrely, I once saw an acrobat in a circus on TV when I was quite young and could se through his tights that he had very brief white bikini and always wanted one like that. Then I guess it was through being at school and wearing tight lightweight speedos and spending holidays with friends on the beach wearing our speedos. I finally got my white bikinis and have a few white suits of varying brevity, along with many other colours.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJD1
... At that time the long board shorts didn't exist and about a third of the guys wore speedos to the pool. ...

hope those times come back soon to the present day.