Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Off Topic > Off Topic Chat and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2017, 11:27 AM
Speedo Member

Smile Swim Caps

One of the pools I work out at is a university pool.

It recently changed swimming attire policy insisting that all swimmers wear caps.

I understand why we expect women to wear caps but why men??

Do you wear a bathing cap when you swim?
Old 11-11-2017, 02:15 PM

It's rather unpleasant to pick up long hairs around your face and hands as you swim, and those hairs can block the filters too.
Since some men have hair that is longer than some women it's hard to know where to draw the line so a blanket ban on loose hair is at least fair.
If you swim properly your face and scalp will be in the water and wearing a rubber swim cap will allow you to swim faster.
One of the local swim clubs puts novice swimmers in yellow caps, intermediates in red and experienced swimmers in blue club racing caps or whatever caps the swimmers buy for themselves. By this means they can watch out for inexperienced swimmers at the deep end.

Ladies bath caps tend to be hideous things adorned with plastic flowers etc., far better to wear a simpler rubber swim cap with the option of choosing a printed design of your choice.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:59 PM
Speedo Member

Like the idea of caps by ability level. Would especially make sense for kids learning to swim and going the local pool
Old 11-11-2017, 04:44 PM

Angry Wearing swim caps.

Our local YMCA made a new ruling that all swimmers had to wear swim caps. I've never liked wearing one, as My hair was always short and clean, Those rubber swim caps were very uncomfortable and hot underneath, but understand why guys on a swim team wear one trying to increase their speed and better time in swimming events. Most guys at our "Y" use the pool just for healthy swimming, my self included and don't like wearing those awful rubber swim caps. We just like wearing snug speedo style swim suits only. I also understand why women wear them in the pool to cover their long hair and also keep the pool circulating drains from clogging.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:05 PM

You used to be able to get Lycra swim caps, I got one form a triathlon with my number on it. Possibly more comfortable that a rubber swim cap.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...l_7gmla9lgyh_e

Lifeguard traditionally wore cotton red and yellow quartered swim caps with chin ties, for competition clubs had matching swimsuits and cotton caps in club colours.
https://www.rlssdirect.co.uk/categor...+Hat+-+Cotton/

Last edited by Torchwatch : 11-11-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:23 PM
Speedo Member

Default My nephews wear swim caps at their school

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim suit eddie
Our local YMCA made a new ruling that all swimmers had to wear swim caps. I've never liked wearing one, as My hair was always short and clean, Those rubber swim caps were very uncomfortable and hot underneath, but understand why guys on a swim team wear one trying to increase their speed and better time in swimming events. Most guys at our "Y" use the pool just for healthy swimming, my self included and don't like wearing those awful rubber swim caps. We just like wearing snoug speedo style swim suits only. I also understand why women wear them in the pool to cover their long hair and also keep the pool circulating drains from clogging.
My two nephews are required to wear caps in swim class and open swim at school.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:32 PM

Smile Caps are cool for guys

Guys should not feel they are being girly caps.
t of
They keep the hair out of your eyes and make it easier to swim especially if you have longer hair.

And they keep the pools cleaner.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:17 PM

Default An option for the guys with long hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimForHealth
My two nephews are required to wear caps in swim class and open swim at school.

When I have taught men and boys with long hair I have provided them a long hair style cap.
Let's you swim without tying your hair. The TYR ones are good.https://www.tyr.com/shop/long-hair-w...-swim-cap.html
Old 04-28-2018, 02:51 PM

Smile The rule should apply equally to both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimForHealth
One of the pools I work out at is a university pool.

It recently changed swimming attire policy insisting that all swimmers wear caps.

I understand why we expect women to wear caps but why men??

Do you wear a bathing cap when you swim?

I always wear a cap except when I swimming at a favorite swimming hole. There I will tie my hair in a pony tail if I didn't bring a cap.

Besides lots of guys have long hair and wearing a cap will help keep the water clean and fun for everyone.

Last edited by Mollyk : 04-28-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 02:06 PM

Default Caps should be part of your swim outfit

http://cloudfront.maudecommerce.co.u...0_00048015.jpg

In public swimming areas and all pools, caps should be just part of your bathing suit.