Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Story Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Speedo Member

Default Small-town pool

This happened a couple of summers ago. I had been visiting a friend in Arizona and was driving back home to the east. It was a hot day in July and I'd been driving for hours and hours across the desert on two-lane highways.

At some point one afternoon I came through a small town in Oklahoma, I think, and noticed a public swimming pool. Being a hot day it was crowded with teens and some in their 20s too. It looked so refreshing. Not only the water, but also the chance to stretch out after sitting in the car for hundreds of miles.

So I found a parking space and brought along my speedo. Having paid my $1 (or whatever it was) I went to the changing room, which was uncovered -- just a room with lockers and no roof! Very cool. I slid on my Arena bikini, which was an all-polyester suit in red with little blue horizontal stripes. I'm slim, and it fit very snug so I loved the suit and how I looked in it.

The noise of the kids swimming and playing was a welcome relief after being cooped up in my car. Splashing, laughing, and the like. As I left the locker room I walked along the concrete pool deck to find a spot to jump in. Then I realized that the noise of the crowd was diminishing somewhat. As I glanced into the pool I realized half the people were staring at me and my suit!

I've had plenty of people check me out in my bikinis so I was happy to eyeballed, but it was a bit weird to have the pool get kind of quiet. It's not like I'm some underwear model! So I jumped in and remembered that I was in a tiny town somewhere in the middle of nowhere, a place where they'd probably seen speedos only on the Olympics if they even watched them.

I swam a bit to stretch my back and felt great. Got out, sat down to dry off (didn't have a towel with me), and strolled back to change into dry clothes. More staring, but this time the noise level didn't change noticeably.

I loved introducing the people in that little town to the look of a guy in a speedo. I wonder if any guys there took the plunge after me?
Old 01-08-2012, 05:31 PM

Love that story! A couple of summers ago I went to an outdoor public pool in Omaha while on a visit there, put on a Speedo, and walked out to the pool. Quite a few people were looking at me, I guess because EVERY other male there was in boring boardies! I got in and swam a short workout of about 750 meters (seemed to be a 25 meter pool, not yards). But it was hard swimming between the kids and grandmas everywhere, so I finally gave up. But one boy of about 10 or 12 came over to me and said, "Wow, you really swim a lot!" which made me happy I'd made the effort!