Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2023, 03:34 PM

Jacques Cousteau invented the demand valve and scuba diving. Divers wore lead boots, bronze helmets and canvas suits with an air hose to the support boat before the scuba diver with face mask, air tank and flippers came along.
How better to prove their affinity with the sea than to swim naked or in very tiny briefs under water.
In the early days they invented and built their own kit, even flippers had to be made from conveyor belt rubber, they were at the peak of the sport's development and had to be physically fit to perform on camera underwater.
They were young fit men, living closely together on a boat (Calypso was an old British destroyer), they were usually diving in warm water away from the coastline so who cares if they didn't wear their swimsuits if the camera wasn't around.
There's some Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau videos on YouTube, take a look if only to see fit Frenchman in brief swimwear.
Old 04-08-2023, 06:21 PM
Speedo Member

They used to sell HOM swimwear in upmarket department stores here in Australia in the eighties and early nineties.
They were all one inch sided briefs and they had a big variety of patterns and colors.
I loved how they were actually called a 'bikini' on the packaging and they were made in France.
looking through this rack as a teenage boy (and trying some on) was just amazing.
There may be an endless amount of sexy swimsuits available online these days but seeing them in a shop like that normalized them for me and lots of other guys.

Last edited by Fairfax : 04-08-2023 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-09-2023, 01:08 AM

The Darling Buds Of May French Beach Holiday:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xryt5z

They hit the beach after about 20 mins, you'll enjoy the young Frenchmen.
Old 04-10-2023, 10:47 PM
Speedo Member

I had some HOM swimwear in the 90s. Some very short swim shorts, and some briefs. The earlier HOM briefs had very stretchy fabric that conformed to every part of the body, but the later ones were a less stretchy fabric that wasn't as soft on the skin either.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:06 AM

Default Hom

Hom were great for bikinis and thongs. I still have this blue suit I got back in the 90s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blue Hom.jpg (74.4 KB, 64 views)
Old 04-15-2023, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
The Darling Buds Of May French Beach Holiday:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xryt5z

They hit the beach after about 20 mins, you'll enjoy the young Frenchmen.
Those are tiny bikinis!
Old 04-15-2023, 05:36 PM

How brief do I go? As brief as possible consistent with the location.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:00 PM

I still have my very tiny Meyba low rise brief that I purchased from the Stanford Shopping Center in 1982 back when I was 25 and 6' 1" @ 170 lbs. Now I'm just' 6' and still @ 170 lbs. Fits the same.
Old 07-16-2023, 07:20 PM
Speedo Member

I first started wearing a thong to swim/tan in, thanks to my then about 35 years ago and loved it. At first I wore pretty standard “Speedo” thongs but as the internet grew, along with the number of companies supplying ever skimpier mens suits so did my choice of swimwear…… These days I’ll wear the most minimal thong my circumstances will allow me to get away with!!!