Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2023, 08:03 PM

Default Shaved, Manscaped or Natural

I grew a beard over this Winter and I am questioning whether I should completely shave my body hair, manscape it, or go natural this summer. Right now I have a completely shaved body, pubes, balls, and ass. It doesn't seem quite right when I look in the mirror and see a tiny speedo, no body hair whatsoever, and a beard. When wearing a speedo and sporting a beard which looks best to you: smooth, manscaped (neatly trimmed) or fully natural? I would appreciate your opinion.

Last edited by brentx : 03-20-2023 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:35 AM

You say that you shave your ass, this suggests that if you were to go natural your body would become very hairy indeed. You went through puberty at school and would have been noticed by the other kids.
I suggest that your self confidence depends very much on your body image and with your body shaved and smooth you are happy to swim in speedos in public.
When you look in the mirror you see a beard that looks manly and a smooth body that looks boyish and it's left you feeling slightly confused.
Very often the answer is written into the question, you enjoy the manliness of your beard and wonder if you should allow your body to match, maybe you've matured a little.
If you allow yourself some pubic hair, some underarm hair, some chest hair and a treasure trail down to your waistline you might achieve an exciting masculine look that you could enjoy without things getting out of control.
In America there are new tools for manscaping such as the Lawnmower they are intended to work exactly to give the effect you want. If you try it and it's not you you can try something else.
Old 03-21-2023, 05:21 PM

Thanks Torchwatch for your insights and for delving deeper into this for me. Reflecting on this it does seem to be about how much of my masculinity i am comfortable displaying. The beard increased the display of my masculinity beyond just my bulge and now body hair would increase it even more. To be honest I got a boner looking at myself in a speedo with the beard. This never happened before, speedos were just comfortable and appropriate for swim practice and laps. Now with the beard they've become a turn on. I will definitely consider manscaping as a next step as you suggested.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:42 PM
Speedo Member

Talking We've got a lot in common!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentx
I grew a beard over this Winter and I am questioning whether I should completely shave my body hair, manscape it, or go natural this summer. Right now I have a completely shaved body, pubes, balls, and ass. It doesn't seem quite right when I look in the mirror and see a tiny speedo, no body hair whatsoever, and a beard. When wearing a speedo and sporting a beard which looks best to you: smooth, manscaped (neatly trimmed) or fully natural? I would appreciate your opinion.
Hi, Brentx! Your post is inspiring me to share my own story, and I hope you will find it helpful. I'm into bodybuilding, bodyshaving, tanning with teeny tanlines, and men's rio-style microbikinis for the beach. I first grew a beard in 1980, and have had one ever since. I started off with the Speedo men's bikini in the late '70s. As my bodybuilding has progressed, the bikinis have gotten much smaller(!) My current fave is the M73 Stuffit Rio microbikini from Skinzwear. I've never been hairy, but started total bodyshaving when I got the M73. My hair started coming out in college. Several years ago, I started getting basically a headshave (no guard on the hair trimmer). I'm a healthy, proud gay man, and feel no concern about my masculinity whatsoever. I'm proud of the way I work to care for, and develop, my body! I like to think that my approach to hair grooming and "near nudity" is a healthy expression of my sensuality and sexuality. (Not bad for 71!) I'm not at all surprised that you are turned on by your current appearance! I enjoy the same "feeling" when I check out the "Fruits of My Labors" during "Mirror Time.," which (trust me) is "Early and Often!" Also remember that there are competitive bodybuilders who have beards and pose in tiny posing straps while shaved smooth! So, enjoy!!!
Old 03-24-2023, 07:05 AM

I just shave my genitals as this gives me a smoother shape in my bikinis and prevents sprouting hair from the fabric and also a little around my chest. As I'm 'older' I hate all the grey curly hair. I've a beard since 2013, albeit it's trimmed very short.
Old 03-27-2023, 10:24 PM

I prefer when a guy keeps his pubes (trimming is ok for those who grow forests). I think a guy in a skimpy Speedo/sagging Speedo who reveals at least a few pubes is very sexy. He looks like a real man, not a boy.
Old 04-15-2023, 05:34 PM

I've been body shaving for about ten years. Feels better, looks better, at least for me. I always hated having too much hair on my chest and legs.