Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Mens Swim Suit - Buy or Sell
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2023, 10:16 AM

Default Closeout Speedo Sale

Closeout Speedo sale

The US Speedo Website is having a final closeout on suits that did not sell well and are overstocked. A lot of these are in very small sizes as in 24 or 26 inch waist, but some are not. A lot of them also the “One” brief, that have been getting review complaints that the sizing runs way small and the fit is too tight. And there are One "Pride" briefs one sale too. I found an allover Pride multicolored pattern listed at $14 but there is another 40% off of that bringing the price down to just over $8 each. These come in all sizes from 24 inches to 38 inches in 2-inch increments. Initially I ordered one in my usual size 30 but then I read the reviews that said these ran way small in size the recommendation being 2 sizes up. So a normal 30 would be happiest in a 34.

Some readers may recall my stories about the characters Dylan and Josh each purchasing swimwear in an array of sizes from adequate to super tight, and then having a try-on session in which each of them tried on each size starting with the largest, and then seeing if there was a point where they could make it through the pile of suits to the smallest one without ejaculating uncontrollably. This gets harder and harder to do (LOL) as the suits get smaller and tighter. And getting harder is not really what a guy needs to have happen if he is attempting to try on a suit he knows is undersized.

This morning I ordered three more of the same suit, in sizes 28, 32 and 34 with the goal of replicating what Josh and Dylan tried. The bargain prices on the suits made it possible to set up the experiment for what just a single Speedo would normally cost me. playing out events I dreamed up in my Speedo stories. Given the holidays it might be a week before I get all the suits, but the anticipation of what will occur once they do arrive is a great deal of psychological fun as well. and the One briefs where the customers are complaining that sizing runs way small or these fit "too tight" makes them ideal for the experiment.

https://us.speedo.com/pride-printed-.../13233244.html
Old 12-26-2023, 12:22 PM

Thanks Sebbie, Was going to tone down my spending on fun wearables. Could not pass up the prices and free shipping, but did keep it to just 1 Speedo. Hope it fits.

Happy holidays

Singletlover
Old 12-27-2023, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletlover
Thanks Sebbie, Was going to tone down my spending on fun wearables. Could not pass up the prices and free shipping, but did keep it to just 1 Speedo. Hope it fits.

Happy holidays

Singletlover

It seems to me that Speedo has been having difficulty selling both briefs and Jammers made out of a trademarked fabric they get from a company called REPREVE. The company is making what they call a recycled polyester from plastic, mainly single-use water bottles and bottles used for other beverages such as milk and soft drinks. This is an interesting idea if they can get it to work. The claim is that the polyester is but 52% recycled plastic. But apparently there is no Lycra (Spandex) in the blend. In their descriptions of some of the briefs made from REPREVE, Speedo says expect a somewhat snugger and more compressed fit.

Here is a link for brands using REPREVE https://repreve.com/brands-using-repreve

In addition to the swim briefs I ordered a sale Jammer in the same fabric, size 32 W In other Lycra blend Jammers if anything a 32 W is a touch big on me. I am curious if I have any difficulty getting into that.

Speedo seems to be closing out everything made from REPREVE and I am curious if anything from that fabric shows up on their US site at all in 2024. Maybe the snug fit is a virtue not a weakness, but the reviewers certainly had little positive to say. Another possibility would be to resize everything 4 inches up but for some reason they did not do that. That idea may result in a fit that deters a swimmer from moving fast through the water or appear not look as sleek. And Speedo can hardly sell suits that lack speed.
Old 12-28-2023, 12:35 PM

According to the USPS my suit will arrive tomorrow, or next week, or 2024 who knows with them. I will be reporting back, if it even fits.
Old 01-13-2024, 12:46 PM

Default The Four Speedo Briefs Review

The Four Speedo Briefs Review

I have four Speedo briefs identical except for size. These four are all the diagonal color block design as shown in the photo in a previous post here. The sizes are 34”, 32”, 30”, and 28”. All four of the briefs are made entirely from a polyester recycled from waste bottles. The designs are the same for all sizes each fully lined with a black inside lining.

The colors in the fabric are very bright and beautiful. The designs do not strike me as being a gay pride design. The color blocks do not look like any sort of gay flag or rainbow—they are just a series if bright primary (red, blue, yellow) and secondary (green, purple, orange) colors in no particular order. In short the only way this can be a brief that identifies a gay person is to somehow connect these colors appearing in a fabric as being a gay “signal” of some sort. But these colors individually or in combination are found in all sorts of men’s swimwear over the generations.

This continues to have me a bit perplexed. Speedo is the one that tried to make this as being a brief a swimmer who is openly gay should wear. The hang tag says “No matter what lane you swim in”, as does the equally colorful packaging with the same phrase. What did Speedo intend, anyway? Did they mistakenly believe lots of closeted gay male swimmers actually wanted briefs that announced to the world that they were somehow both a competitive swimmer and gay, and these would go over big because the colors and pattern sorta were consistent with that? What about the gay male swimmer who did not want to make such a public announcement? Did they intend to also sell this brief to guys who do not claim to be gay but still support the gay movement? In short, if a guy shows up wearing this brief at the pool what are the other swimmers to conclude about the guy? What does the swimmer wearing the brief WANT the other swimmers as well as those in the crowd to conclude, anyway? Speedo seems to not seem to know.

Personally, I do not swim in any lane, although I do enjoy wearing a colorful swim brief. But there are issues here as well. For starters, the ecofriendly recycled poly has little stretch to it, though it may hold up well over time in chlorinated pools. Even worse, the brief is fully lined front and rear with an black fabric that doesn’t seem to stretch at all. Then the tie cord comes already tied and seems tied too short, making the brief seem even smaller and less stretchy.

It seems to me that one key to a successful Speedo is for the design and fabric to not only stretch a lot but to move freely with the body. The recycled fabric Speedos with full linings seem to do none of that. Further, a Speedo that does not stretch is a poor choice for a guy who simply wants to have fun wearing one. This is not a suit that would sell into the self-pleasuring market at all, while many other brands—those made of a stretchier fabric with only a front panel lining of the same fabric--do.

I have swim briefs in all sorts of sizes, ranging from 26 inches to 34 inches and I am pleased to say I can fit into all of them, except, so far at least, this Speedo in the 28-inch size. But I routinely wear swim briefs that are far skimpier and with less though stretchier material than this 28-inch Speedo.

Given four different sizes of this Speedo, I measured the side width in each. Here are the results.

34” = 3 inch sides (approx 7.5 cm)
32” = 2 ¾ inch sides
30” = 2 ½ inch sides
28” = 2 ¼ inch sides

The 34” size fits me the best, but this looks almost like a “granny” swim brief straight out of 1972. In essence, this is the Mark Spitz “flag pattern” swim brief except that the pattern is a series of diagonal color blocks. The 3-inch sides on the 34 in combination with the other features look rather “dated” as in a Speedo from 50 years ago with purportedly undated “message” and general discomfort just pulling the brief on, not to mention what amounted to a “granny” swim brief design that left me wondering. Usually, if a swim brief does not cut it at a pool, it is at least good for jerking off in privately, but these briefs accomplish neither. Still, on a positive note, the briefs sans the messaging attempt are bright and colorful but uncomfortable worn as a swim brief.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:48 PM

In the 1960's I had the original solid color Nylon Ocean Champion (5'' sides) and Ocean Speed (3" sides) briefs that had no stretch at all. The lining was a suit inside the suit, same color and material but slightly smaller than the outer suit. They also came in 2" size increments, if I went one size smaller I had to squeeze into them. Flat front, no pouch either. They would fade but never wear out. I always liked my suits as tight as possible, although now I can get stretchy tiny Mategear, AQUX, Arena Japan suits, and BBlair gaff thongs for a no-bulge more comfortable flat front look. I tried ordering, but with shipping it would be $20 for a suit I would probably never wear so I deleted it.

Last edited by BikenSwim : 01-17-2024 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-18-2024, 11:57 AM

I still have a few of the 100% nylon Ocean Champion suits. I even have one unworn in its original box. Our high school had a pool so some gym time was swimming. These suits were supplied for the class. I believe this was my introduction to all things we love here. I did borrow a few, I must admit. Now if I could only fit into that high school suit...........
Old 03-14-2024, 01:09 PM

Default A Fun Time in a Speedo

I finally got around to experimenting with a pair of my Speedo rainbow briefs. Of the four, I chose the 32” size for my experiment last night. I go into these modes during the winter where I go for long periods of time where I hardly masturbate at all, but then as the days grow longer I suddenly spring forward again.

I started the evening out by using my favorite e-stim device an edging mode. Typically, I enjoy doing about 8 minutes of that, experimenting with the various current levels and patterns, and, to a degree at least, to see how much my body can take. I have discovered that my vacuum penis pump works a lot better if I am already quite horny and at least semi hard going in. There is a mental fitness here that is good to maintain. Next, I set the vacuum pump on the base with my favorite blue penis ring, ready to snap into the base of my penis just before I remove the pump.

Once the pump is off, I like to lube up my penis with gel soap and then snap on a second penis ring just below the glans and then engage in some old-fashioned masturbation using the gel soap as an effective lube. I then draw a tub of warm water and hop into the tub, penis still quite hard and rings in place at the base and glans. Lubed up with the gel, and the tight-fitting rings at the glans and base feel really great.

Next, I am out of the tub and ready for nighttime. Keep in mind that I remain quite aroused and horny. Now is the time to put on one of those too tight rainbow Speedo briefs. I picked the size 32 and even that was tough to get into. I struggled a lot. Part of the key to getting in was to untie the waist strap. I tugged and pulled and finally made it in. The only way my penis would fit, however, was “up”. This was partly due to the lack of stretch in the material.

I covered the Speedo with my black Devops running tights and top, and, in this horny state, I quickly fell asleep.

I awakened again at exactly 1 AM, and my penis was still hard and pointed upward in the snug rainbow Speedo. I said to myself “this feels really good in that position” and was thinking that maybe I had been a bit tough on Speedo for selling such snug-fitting briefs. I was getting “used” to the fit and feel and I liked what was happening to me. In a minute or so I was having a real orgasm, something that had not happened earlier in the night. This was almost like a wet dream from my teen years. Penis “up” orgasms are terrific fun, but particularly so in the Speedo. A lot of the sheer enjoyment in doing this is having the right equipment on hand.

I fell right back to sleep and did not awaken until 6 AM this morning, with my mind fixated on all the fun I had the night before. I want to do this again, and again!
Old 03-18-2024, 02:03 PM

Default (More on) The Speedo “Gay” Swim Briefs

The Speedo “Gay” Swim Briefs

By wearing the same pair of 32” waist “Gay” Speedo briefs, night after night, I am gradually warming up to them. After first having difficulty even getting into the 32 inch pair, I have made some adjustments and worked with them a bit. The really tricky part is getting into them as first time wear out of the package. But with multiple wearings they seem to stretch a bit so getting in and out is no longer as difficult.

A suppose I could say that if a genuine Speedo does not fit really tight it is not a “real” Speedo. Part of the fun of getting into a Speedo the really tight fit. Still, this recycled material seems to have little stretch compared with a poly brief laced with elastane. But still, part of the fun of getting a new Speedo relates to the “struggle” getting into it. Merely thinking about the struggle can easily make a guy hard, and that in itself makes the struggle ever more difficult!

And, of course, there is no bigger fan of snug-fitting clothing than me, but a particular choice is a genuine Speedo that makes it difficult if not impossible to place my penis in the Speedo other than in the classic “up” position, with the underside pressing firmly against the fabric of the pouch. This makes me hard just to think about doing that, and I suspect a lot of other guys are interested in doing the same thing even though I don’t expect the topic to come up in casual conversation. This is not about being straight or gay, but merely something a lot of guys would find as really fun to do, if they only had a tight-fitting Speedo.

What I have discovered is that with one of these suits, it is quite easy to put myself in the up position, and the suit fits snug enough such that wherever the penis tip is, it stays in that one spot. With the pressure from the too-tight Speedo the penis stays semi-hard all night long. I can go to bed with a nice semi, and wake up at 3 AM still semi hard and feeling great. Or, as I did this AM, stay soundly asleep all night long and awaken at 6:30 AM, still feeling really good down there.

The black full lining of these adds another dimension as well. Since my penis stays in one spot and being semi-hard, precum is going to accumulate in one spot. What I always find most interesting is that by wearing the Speedo to bed I am able to generate precum all night long even when I am sound asleep. Precumming is always a favorite time for me, but especially at night!

Still, I keep wondering about how Speedo the company got to the point where they were marketing these particular swim briefs as being targeted as for specifically gay male swimmers. First off, there is no logo or print to suggest that this is a gay pride brief. The fabric pattern does not have mini rainbows on it. It is simply an allover color-block pattern with many diagonal stripes of bright primary colors. But Speedo embraced this as part of a campaign to sell swim briefs to gay males—I guess openly gay males who would immediately realize that the briefs were aimed at the non-straight crowd. But part of this might have been an effort to market these not to gay males entirely but to males who were straight but were supportive of the rights of gay males to live their lives the way they wanted relationship wise. At the same time this seemed to suggest that these briefs were not to be worn by any guy who was not interested in making a public statement regarding straight versus gays, and were in particular not into buying a swimsuit in an effort to make a social statement of some sort.

Obviously, this strategy on the part of Speedo worked poorly and they ended up selling off the briefs really cheap. Since the big clearance sale Speedo does not appear to have gone back into the murky area of trying to sell a swim brief specifically to openly gay customers. Maybe they will again try this stunt, but selling clothing directed to a specific group within the LGBTQ community has proven to be a land mine for many retailers selling clothing (See Target as an illustration) not to mention the Bud Light beer controversy. Speedo had a real cleanout of briefs made from the recycled fabric, but the cheapest ones ended up being made of that fabric plus with advertising claiming that Speedo did not care what “lane” the swimmer was in which more or less announced that if you are not an openly gay male you should therefore not be wearing this brief. Is a public swim meet really the place to sort this all out?

Sometimes, stuff is simply better left unsaid.