Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 10:57 PM

Default Shopping

I was in my local T J Maxx onFriday, when I discovered several speedos on clearence. I grabed all the suits in my size and a white solar for a friend. When I was checking out the very cute clerk with curly blond hair, said I did not know we had carried these. Are there any left? I assured him that I left some in his size. He flashed me a broad smile, and said i'll get them on my break.
I'll be brief
Old 09-08-2012, 11:31 PM

Default awesome

Lucky for you... I love finding unsuspecting brief swimwear sales... can't help but take advantage

STS
Old 09-09-2012, 09:20 AM

Maybe you need to go to TJ Max more often, buy more interesting items and choose your checkout with care.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:43 AM

Default shopping

Do they have a web site.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:01 PM

Default Tjm

Seems unlikely (http://www.tjmaxx.com)

Btw could the store clerk also find the missing n ?
http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy...xnewslogan.jpg
Old 09-09-2012, 09:14 PM

I have gotten speedos in TJMaxx, Marshall's, Ross and KMart. Sears in Hawaii has had a fantastic selection of speedos,thongs and mini bikinis off and on for years. With the discount stores you just have to be there when they come in. Usually a few weeks after the big department stores have sales to unload them. The buyer in Macy's says that they send about 40% of speedo type suits back at the end of season. About 40-45% go on sale and the remainders go regular price or five finger price. He always gave me a Buy one Get one deal on sale prices. Came out to about $18-20 for 2 suits - usually solar. With discount stores like TJ, Marsh, Ros the key is timing.
PS Nordstrom Rack is great too but they are discounting the $100-150 suits so not a real bargain if you're on a budget. I did get a great D&G for only $65 that was marked $180 to start.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:04 AM

Default designer tags

Interesting report there and as you are a guy actually with a prestige fashion-label suit, (something I have long wanted to ask) what exactly do you pay for in those astronomically priced products ? - apart from being able to show off with a DG or EA etc. emblem when out in public .
They remind me of those ridiculous CCs on the arms of sunshades - another rip-off on one small piece of equipment that has one simple job to perform - and the customer pays through the nose to give free advertising to a fashion house which probably has a cheap off-shore deal for their manufacture anyway.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:48 PM

I got it basically because of the fabric. I touched it and was in love. I had seen it earlier in the season at Saks and passed due to cost. However, the cut and the fit are perfect and really shows off the hard work I had put in on the tan and body. The one I got is a contoured bikini cut. Fit just like it was custom made for me. When I saw the sale price I jumped on it. As far as the name tags -- there was a brass buckle like emblem sewn on at the waist that I have removed. I bought it for the fit and quality, not to impress. At this point, the only place the name is present is on the tag inside. Actually, I'd be embarrassed to have people think I would drop $200 bucks on a swim suit., the discount price was a reasonable price. When I shop for anything I look first for quality & style then price. If I like it and the price is ok, I buy it -- if the price is too high, I wait for a sale or search it out elsewhere. I never buy because of a name. (they pay millions to put their names on race cars so why should I walk around with their name on my clothes for nothing?)The only exception is Ralph Lauren and Hugo Boss - their suits fit my body. Even then I wait for a sale.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:35 PM

Default Yoox has designer suits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
I have gotten speedos in TJMaxx, Marshall's, Ross and KMart. Sears in Hawaii has had a fantastic selection of speedos,thongs and mini bikinis off and on for years. With the discount stores you just have to be there when they come in. Usually a few weeks after the big department stores have sales to unload them. The buyer in Macy's says that they send about 40% of speedo type suits back at the end of season. About 40-45% go on sale and the remainders go regular price or five finger price. He always gave me a Buy one Get one deal on sale prices. Came out to about $18-20 for 2 suits - usually solar. With discount stores like TJ, Marsh, Ros the key is timing.
PS Nordstrom Rack is great too but they are discounting the $100-150 suits so not a real bargain if you're on a budget. I did get a great D&G for only $65 that was marked $180 to start.

Yoox, a web retailer from Italy that ships world-wide has D&G and other designer suits. The sizes are limited, but many off-season items are marked down.