Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2013, 09:21 PM

Default A case of anti speedo prejudice

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/ridic...y-kicked-out-o

like the title says, a ridiculously hot dude in a speedo gets kicked out of a football game. Groan. Its a free country. As long as you don't rock the boat. What does freedom even mean? The right to be just exactly like everybody else? And behold: if a person objects to seeing a guy in a speedo how about just not looking at him??????
Old 11-19-2013, 11:31 PM

Default facts?

The report says both unjust and unlawful (a difference)

Is there a Florida State law which applies - or is there a dress code imposed on spectators by the stadium's owners ?
Old 11-20-2013, 11:32 AM

Can't tell from the article. I guess on private property an owner is sure entitled to enforce his views. There's nothing obscene about a speedo, for sure not on that guy!
Old 11-20-2013, 12:44 PM

Unless it is your intention to be arrested then being arrested will spoil your day, so when depending upon the discretion of security officers in public places it is best to treat them like the frog in a saucepan. Dropping a frog into a saucepan of hot water will cause it to immediately jump out, however if you put him in cold water and slowly heat it he will be content and allow himself to be cooked.
So if many in the crowd are wearing shorts (above the knee) then you can wear short shorts. If more guys start wearing short shorts then you can wear running shorts, as running shorts become popular then you could risk a square cut swim suit and finally speedos. Similarly men will wear tee shirts, running vests and then go topless if the weather is warm enough. The security officer will have no problem if "everybody" is doing it.
The security officer seeing one man in speedos in a crowd of the fully dressed will feel as threatened as the frog dropped in hot water and feel compelled to react, they are looking for something liable to cause a breach of the peace or a riot, and all security officers at sports events are afraid of streakers on the pitch during their watch.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:49 PM

Default There is a time and a place for everything

..and this may be neither the time NOR THe place..

I don't think an "in your face" approach to wearing Speedos furthers the cause!

"When in Rome, do as the Roman's do!"
Old 11-20-2013, 02:10 PM

By following links I got to a version of the story that refuted the headlines and most of the story. In short, (pun) he was not arrested and not kicked out. He and his buddy do this when they want their team to win, and it works.
So whose idea is it to spin the story into something negative, and who wants to join these two at the next game? I would, if it were nearby. I'm not ashamed, nor whatever else the idiots might assume.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:27 AM

Default Stadium

I also noticed when the Marlins played there, it seemed like you never saw any shirtless fans at the relatively rare day games, despite the heat. Maybe the park management just doesn't like bare skin.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:51 AM

Default Re. post#6

Editor of Buzzfeed requested to explain himself on what appears to be a tatty "news" rag - watch this space.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:59 AM

What a bummer for him. Im sure if a chick showed up there in a bikini they probably would get a pass given they were as fit as him. Speaking of which the cheerleaders are just that... Well it is a "private" venue but the taboo plays a role Im sure. American Football has been nannyfied in the last few years anyway.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:21 PM

According to the version of the story I believe, he and a cohort (in the photo nearly seated, in black shorts with team speedo underneath, look closely) arrive at the stadium in approved attire and then get more comfortable when the game starts. When asked to cover up, they comply, then strip back down when security walks off. It's a game they've been playing for some time. I think it's funny.
Then, on the other hand, and not funny, is another story of these two, whose names are Kyle and Brendan.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...beating/nLw8F/

and here's the article I found yesterday

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ripti..._fans_plan.php

Last edited by 50 Free : 11-21-2013 at 07:58 PM.