Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2020, 09:49 PM

Default Double Standard

Saw an commercial for a resort yesterday. Don't remember which one.
Of the three women two were in bikinis and one in a thong.
All of the men were wearing long swim shorts.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:06 AM

I've noticed the same damn thing with photos of men's and women's swim teams.

The women are always in bikini style suits and they're also posing with a sexy stance like something out of Playboy Magazine. However, the men are always wearing those jammer style suits and standing there with their arms and hands at their side with a dumb founded look on their faces.

I've strongly suspected this jammer swim suit and knee length shorts phenomenon is really some kind of subliminal propaganda tool intended to promote more heterosexuality.

Back in the 1980s, I heard a discussion on a radio talk show about the Gay Rights movement and its possible effect on the socio-economic structure of the U.S.

Someone commented that the Gay community was less susceptible to government and corporate influence and control because they did not have children who were vulnerable to the government's polices like school funding.

I recall back in 1978 when the voters of California passed Proposition 13 to reduce property taxes, the government threatened to retaliate by cutting school funding.

The message was clear that if the people messed with government, it would take it out on their children. However, the Gay community doesn't have any children so they are immune to being held hostage by the government.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:06 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist75
Saw an commercial for a resort yesterday. Don't remember which one.
Of the three women two were in bikinis and one in a thong.
All of the men were wearing long swim shorts.

It's because men still believe that it somehow automatically makes it gay to wear anything skin tight. It's ridiculous. If men just tried a speedo once most would be hooked and it would be all you see them in. I ditched the status quo years ago and couldn't care less and wear Speedos in any water situation and I love men's workout tights for exercise.

It's a double standard that only men can change by revolting against stupid trunks
Old 01-16-2020, 08:02 PM

Back in the 60's the TV show 'Batman' was on. Both Robin and Batman wore tights. The networks were concerned about the overt display of the mens' privates. They devised a way to make the tights less revealing by additional inserts and undergarments. The idea of not displaying the males genitals is nothing new. At the end of the last century the speedo was not an uncommon sight by pools or beaches. However, when the gays came out of the closet they seemed to be wearing speedos. It was also the unofficial uniform of the Pride parades. Thus, outside of water ports, Speedos=Gay. As you will notice, most of the speedo wearers are guys that got used to them in the 80's or 90's - before the stigma arrived. Now, even a straight guy in speedos is either assumed gay, ribbed by their friends as being gay or about the size of their bulge or, the worst, get hit on by a gay. The last is a real cinched that he will never wear them again. His masculinity has been challenged. Straights almost all have a pair or two in their drawer, but worn under swim shorts. (occasionally on vacation or by a back yard pool)
It is a fact - a once comfortable and practical swim suit has been labeled Gay. It may change in future decades but as gays seem to like to flaunt themselves in speedos, it isn't likely. The guys that are intent on wearing white unlined speedos or bikini style suits - usually too small - have really sealed the fate of their reputation . Its sad that the few using their over exposed state to use as a way to get laid, or prancing in a parade to announce their gayness have ruined it for the guys that just want the freedom of a brief fitting suit. Whining about it won't change anything. Responsible actions in a speedo when in public is the only way to make them more acceptable.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:04 AM

I don't understand the reasoning that speedos were adopted as a symbol of the Gay Community.

Speedos and short shorts were the standard athletic and swimming suits before the Gay community was established and most men wore them. So how can anyone adopt a clothing style as an erotic symbol?

That's like saying that men wearing jeans and T-shirts is Gay fetish wear. But men are still wearing them like nothing ever happened regarding their potential for erotic effect.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:14 PM

Default Suits!

Like many as teen in the 90s I looked up to men who were masculine that sported speedos. They were fit guys who used suits for swimming. I wanted to be like them. I also recall fake male body with blue pattern speedo at local dicks sporting goods hung from ceeling. Their functional no need not to sport them. Hope with olympics coming maybe some will embrace it. Cheers guys happy Friday!
Old 01-19-2020, 03:52 AM

From my research, the Gay Community's fetish with speedos was not a factor in them going out of style.

In fact, the longer look in men's shorts and swim suits actually started in the 1990s when NBA player Michael Jordan swore long and baggy "shorts".

Unfortunately, the trend caught fire and since the Jordan era, everything has now become knee length.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dolphin
From my research, the Gay Community's fetish with speedos was not a factor in them going out of style.

In fact, the longer look in men's shorts and swim suits actually started in the 1990s when NBA player Michael Jordan swore long and baggy "shorts".

Unfortunately, the trend caught fire and since the Jordan era, everything has now become knee length.

The long baggy shorts were needed to cover his knobby knees.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:19 AM

Smile Double standard

You guys have answered the question why so many guys, especially in America. It's a gay and and advertising devise as to men's swimwear. I think and always think Speedo style swimsuits are just fine on many guys. I'd rather wear them than those awful board shorts anytime.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:06 AM

Just reviewed part of the 2019 Brighton Gay Pride Parade, there was only one guy in speedos but there were more people in wheel chairs, are wheel chair users gay?
Nearly everyone in the 2019 Brighton Gay Pride Parade was wearing a tee shirt, the tee shirt has become the new gay uniform. Wearing a tee shirt is an icon of being gay, wearing a tee shirt makes you gay.