Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Story Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2014, 06:29 PM

Default Dutch naked pool

Recently I was on business in Northern Netherlands and stayed at lovely hotel which had a swimming pool and spa area. A colleague who had stayed there previously had told me that it was acceptable to go naked in the pool/spa area so decided to try but went first wearing a very brief white bikini style 'speedo' with sides only one centimetre at their narrowest and 3/4 back. Initially there was an older couple both nude swimming in the pool and didn't pay me attention when I came into the pool area. On leaving the pool I saw that she was totally shaven but not at all concerned about me. They lay out for a while then went into the sauna while I went for a relaxing swim. While doing this a couple of older ladies- yes, must have been pensioner hour! came out of the ladies changing room with towels wrapped around them but went to the open plan communal showers and stripped of to shower. They went to the steam room and a short time after I came out of the pool and was not surprised that my bikini was mostly transparent showing every detail of my shaven package.
I entered the steam room and saw both ladies totally naked and displaying all. They both stared at my bulge when I went in and one said in English that I should remove my bikini. Given that it was so miniscule and transparent I might as well be naked. This I did and sat next to them. One of them picked up my bikini which was on the communal bench and held it up between her two index fingers commenting how small it was. We had a general char about swimwear and styles and learned that they were generally in favour of skimpy swimwear as in Europe it wasn't such a big deal as the British had. Their opinion backed up similar observations I'd already had in Europe which I will share in another post.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:14 PM

Default Dutch Naked Pool

Here in the States that conversation would not occur. The ladies would call police for indecent exposure for the skimpy swimwear and the guy would be headed to jail.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:44 PM

These Europeans just don't care!

Reminds of the time I was in Ljubljana, Slovenia. This women was shopping, wearing a pair of dungarees but not wearing a top. From a side-on view you could see all of her breasts and nipples!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:21 PM

Default Switzerland

....just to mention also mixed-gender changing rooms at many public pools - no problem - accepted as normal
Old 06-05-2014, 05:58 PM

yes- I have seen it in Germany also. There, they have no problem with very skimpy swimwear. I have seen swimthongs for men on sale in department stores. I like this open attitude that they have in Europe.
Many years ago, my parents lived outside London and when I visited them I used to go to the local swimming pool. I could wear very brief speedo style swimsuits and on one occasion a group of French school teen-agers came in. The girls mostly wore very small bikinis, some being tiny while the boys wore very brief speedo style suits and none of them cared or looked apprehensive about others seeing them . It was so refreshing to see instead of the boring swimming 'costumes' the UK girls wore and the wide speedos the guys wore.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:16 PM

Wish that was the case, but I was in Lake Garda, Italy, 2 years ago and shorts were dominant. Even though there were a lot of German tourists.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:39 PM

Unhappy last refuge?

Yep, maybe Black Sea only soon for any beach sightings guys