Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2013, 10:48 PM

Default Lined or not?

My swimsuits are unlined, but was curious how others feel about the issue?
Old 10-25-2013, 10:59 PM

As with all these things it depends on where you are going and who you expect to see you. Going to my local public pool 2 weeks ago it was lined black Speedos with 2" sides and yellow and white hip flashes. However in France in the summer on a quiet beach with dunes to hide among it was a tiny unlined bikini with one inch sides and a pouch front.
I may go back to the local pool next week but don't expect to get back to that part of Normandy for a few years. Don't go too extreme in front of people you will have to see again.

Never try to cut the lining out of suits, you will almost certainly nick the suit and spoil it, suits intended to be worn unlined are made slightly differently to lined suits, they never look quite right after snipping out the liner.

Last edited by Torchwatch : 10-25-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:10 PM

To convert an unlined to lined number, how do you guys handle that? I'm not so sure that lining makes all THAT much difference in the VPL dept.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:27 PM

You would have to unpick most of the stitching and remove all the elastic, then insert lining, replace the elastic and sew the suit back up again to convert an unlined suit into a lined suit. Much easier just to buy a lined suit.

Lined white and light suits frequently have linings removed to achieve greater transparency.

Some guys doing public lane swimming enjoy removing the lining from a darker speedos just to see who is watching them under water and noticing. A method of hooking up in the showers and changing rooms. It is important for them to have all the original brand logos so their speedos look normal from a distance.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:35 PM

I hadn't really thought about it when I ordered my favorite suit as unlined. I suppose it's out-of-the-question for most public venues ...
Old 10-26-2013, 12:26 AM

Default probably......

LOL - a defense against a complaint might be that it is quite acceptable as the manufacturer gave it a wet transparency rating of 2 - but unlikely to hold much water with some official administering local ordnances, resort rules, etc.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:46 AM

I really don't give a darn how 'revealing' they may be, but don't want to embarrass myself at a hotel pool or something in terms of being told later that they're not really approved swimwear.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:37 AM

Default strange logic

You don't care a darn about the speedos being revealing yet it would only be by someone looking closely at you either wet or dry at the pool that it might be decided that you were showing yourself in unapproved swimwear - and then you would be embarrassed to be told so.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:57 AM

Yes - a scene I'd rather avoid.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoGoat
I really don't give a darn how 'revealing' they may be, but don't want to embarrass myself at a hotel pool or something in terms of being told later that they're not really approved swimwear.

This situation would be absolutely and embarrasment for me. Imagine: they call you into the office (whilst you have your bikini on) and they tell you with a serious face that it is too revealing.

Honestly, I would counteract the situation by asking...how about the women out there that barely have nothing on and half their beaver is showing. Here in the USA we call it the camel-toe. That is revealing enough.

If I saw enough of that, I would threaten the company with a lawsuit just to shut them up.