Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2015, 02:01 AM
Speedo Member

Default New to wearing a Speedo swim brief

Hey guys,

I discovered this great board while researching swim briefs! I am not a regular lap swimmer, but may be interested in future for exercise.

Background: We vacation in the Caribean Islands 1-2 times per year, I have always worn board shorts, but a few times I have slipped them off to enjoy the swim either naked or in a pair of skimpy nylon briefs and have loved the feeling, so I decided to buy a pair of swim briefs and knew the skimpy 1-2" styles would not work with this overweight 55 year old body, but I still wanted the look and feel if a high quality swim brief....not some string bikini.

So I bought a Speedo dive brief in black and the Endurance+ swim brief in navy, I plan to wear these when enjoying the surf and as I build confidence around the pool area of the cruise ship we will be on for fourteen days. This is my first time wearing Speedos and would like any feedback or comments. Both suits are on the more conservative side for a swim brief, hope I made good choices?

I am 6' and currently weigh 220, yes I would like to lose 20+ lbs. I ordered size 40 for both suits.

Last edited by Tsturbo : 02-03-2015 at 02:03 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:54 PM

Default Here you go!

http://www.sebringsil.com/speedowear.htm
Old 02-03-2015, 02:13 PM

First, Welcome to the board Tsturbo. Hope you will enjoy it and be very active.

Next, I think it safe to say that on this board I am famous for my opinion of wear what you are comfortable in. For those of us that have passed the big 5-0, it is generally wiser to stick to a more standard cut with a 2 or 3 inch side. Although thongs and string bikinis are fun to wear, somehow we become a cliche and can look a bit foolish. (Unless you are like Dick Clark and haven't aged since 30)
I have worn mine ever since I was a kid and enjoy them and never give a second thought to them being appropriate when at a pool or beach.

Again welcome and congrats for being secure enough in yourself to wear what you want and enjoy
Old 02-04-2015, 01:41 AM

Smile

Welcome to the board Tsturbo. I think you will enjoy the discussions. I agree with PSDave about being comfortable with what you wear and I agree that a 2, 3 or even 4" brief would be good to start with. You can find all kinds of suits on swimoutlet.com and dickssportinggoods.com - I really like the Sportis, Nikes and Turbo water polo suits for the look of them and the quality.

Like you I was not an endurance swimmer until last June when I made up my mind to swim regularly at the age of 67 so it's never too late. I wrote a story about my entry into swimming which you can find in the stories section. While I wasn't overweight, I lost 12 pounds in a matter of months just by increasing my daily exercise. So you might want to give it a try for exercise and even weight control.

Again, welcome to the board.

Dooley67
Old 02-04-2015, 01:33 PM

Welcome Tsturbo,

I am just like yourself. 6 ft 220 49 years old. I enjoy swimming for the exercise
And laying out at my overnights hotel, pools. I swim in doors, and out. I wear good fitting Speedo, Arena, TYR, AussieBum racer syle briefs. I do seem to be alone at the hotel when I do and I just do my thing. Be confident, respectful and enjoy your choice.

As a tip, US market swimwear is over sized all ready to fit well.
Meaning I wear 36 blue jeans, if I wear a 36 speedo brief, it's loose and water collects in the suit. Once it gets wet it gets worse/ losens up.

So, I measure my hips, widest part the suit fits. Subtract 4 inches it work for polyester low spandex suits, I have and do wear higher spandex suits a size Lower subtract 6 and they are perfect for not sagging after swimming.
I wear endurance 5cm speedo suits I get from Austraila, a 34 85cm and I am 40 inch hip guy. The fit is fantastic. I have about 100 pair of briefs, if you order Asian cutt add 2 sizes to what ever material suit you wear. Poly 36 order 40 asia poly, if 50/50 ploly/ spandex your 34, order 38 Asian
It works for me every time.

So forget the waist, measure the hips widest part.
Subtract 4 inches will get you where you want to be.

Us sizng is generous. The more Spandex the more stretch too. If your are Smimming, loose is not good thing.

Ok, welcome and enjoy!

Tex
Old 02-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Speedo Member

Thanks guys, I apprecite the welcome and advice, hoping I didn't order too large of a size, two speedos in size 40 and one Addidas in size 38, speedos arrive tomorrow and I can't wait to try them on!
Old 02-05-2015, 11:40 PM

Smile

Most reputable companies have liberal return policies so when you try the suits on, leave the tags on just in case you aren't satisfied with the fit. You don't want the suit to fit loose because it will become looser in the water. Hope you enjoy them.

Dooley67
Old 02-07-2015, 03:54 AM
Speedo Member

Got my Speedos today in the mail Love the Endurance + brief, but do not like the dive brief at all which I am going to return.

Size 40 feels good but I believe size 38 would fit me a little better once wet
Just ordered an Aussie Bum Swish brief size 38 in onyx color, skimpy, sexy and wow how I am going to be lovin this in the upcoming southern Caribbean vacation