Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2021, 06:09 AM
Speedo Member

Default Clearwater beach

Hi guys I'm thinking trying get to Clearwater for a few days around a trip to Florida in a month or so. I chose Clearwater because I am hoping to swing by the skinzwear store in person. Does anyone have any recommendations for beaches I should head to? Not too worried about it necessarily being "speedo friendly" but not anti-speedo. Also maybe someone will know in here if thongs are allowed on the beach there??
Thanks all!!
Old 03-09-2021, 10:29 AM

Default Clearwater Beach

The public beach in the center of town is very good. Haven't been there for a while. Tried to go to the Skinzwear store but gave up due to traffic and limited parking.
If you are interested in "Historic Sights" Hooters original is a few blocks from the Skinzwear store. If you like the sights but don't care about the history, there is another Hooters across the street from the beach.
Old 03-09-2021, 10:46 AM
Speedo Member

Thanks for the info! Can I wear my bikini into Hooters?? Lol! I know this site is all about speedos, but what does anyone recommend for a cover up?? I have always just worn shorts and a tshirt over my bikini and stripping down when I get to my spot on the beach.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:11 AM

Default Trip

Sounds like fun trip! Enjoy! Hopefully north will warm for speedo season! .
Peace
Old 03-09-2021, 11:35 AM
Speedo Member

Thongs are not allowed on Clearwater beach. You can go south a bit to St Pete and they are allowed there or you can go further south to one of the state parks and they’re allowed there. If you wanted to go as far as Siesta Key you could find some more secluded spots and go nude.
Old 03-09-2021, 10:27 PM

PHP Code:
I know this site is all about speedosbut what does anyone recommend for a cover up?? I have always just worn shorts and a tshirt over my bikini and stripping down when I get to my spot on the beach

If it's not shorts and tee shirt then your looking at men's clothing from history and other cultures:
How about the Roman tunic look?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Burg...sAAOSwAeBeFHXi

Or the utility kilt look:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Bran...252Fwh5rST25iK

Or maybe the sarong:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Men-Saron...qWF8zTbrPNIkST
Old 03-10-2021, 02:54 AM
Speedo Member

Lol thanks the suggestions. I think I'll stick with shorts and a tee
Old 03-12-2021, 01:31 PM

Man, I miss the late 80's & 90's. In the Caribbean & Mexican Riviera men wore a lot of those "wrapped" sarong type coverups over very skimpy bikinis (1/2" to 1/4" sides) all the time whenever going from the beach or pool to the restaurant or bar - and I'm talking about at "main stream", Family Friendly resorts. No one ever gave a second look or care - it was a much more live and let live culture and people weren't so concerned about what others were wearing (and I'm an American). Granted, there was always a good mix of Europeans and Americans at these resorts, but there were just as many Americans wearing skimpy beach wear as there were Europeans. It was a much more relaxed period than now.
Old 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Speedo Member

I wear lots of pareos to/from/around the pool, and there are also some great men's caftans available on Amazon and elsewhere. I also love to wear women's tunics and dresses for coverups, but that's just me.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:13 PM

I forgot, you could always go for the Clint Eastwood/Mexican poncho look, I rather like this one, it would keep you warm as the sun goes down:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gothic-Me... lp%3A2334524