Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2017, 03:47 PM

Default Thong Tan Lines

Hey all,

I'm recently single and have always wanted to work on getting a sweet tan with having either a speedo or thong tan line. Thong tan lines are definitely the hottest. I'm concerned it'll make dating new women a challenge. What do you guys think, will having thong tan lines scare away new lady friends?
Old 06-29-2017, 06:24 PM

Your new lady friends are unlikely to discover your thong tan lines until they themselves are in a state of undress and perhaps passion. At this point the two of you may have passed the point of no return and nature will take it's course.

If however you should be showering naked in gym or pool changing rooms your thong tan lines are liable to catch the eye of other facility users. Some may appreciate your efforts while others may exchange knowing nods, winks and giggles.

A speedo tan line is a more acceptable and sporty option.

It's your choice.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:56 PM

Hey Torchwatch,

Thanks for your reply! Are you saying the thong tan is less acceptable to women or in the lockeroom? Just curious because I already wear jocks and thongs to the gym, so what the other dudes think isn't so much a concern haha

Last edited by jcorrola : 06-29-2017 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:17 PM

Wearing a jock strap under your shorts in a gym is traditional and normal, getting jock strap tan lines would require you to sunbathe in just your jock strap and might be thought a bit odd.

You can get speedo tan lines by sunbathing in your speedos on any quiet beach or private garden, even around a public outdoor pool. Speedos are normal wear for many swimmers, having a speedo tan in the showers at the gym simply says you are a swimmer.

The men's swim thong has image problems, wearing one in a public place could get you into trouble, wearing one on a naturist beach might suggest you haven't quite got the idea. So the swim thong can only be worn in very secluded private gardens and very quiet beaches and might appear to be a bit kinky. Wearing your thong to the gym makes you fun and a bit kinky but wearing your thong tan lines in the showers suggests your a bit kinky and spending a lot of time sunbathing alone.
I like my swim thongs and have even swum in them in France but I'd preffer an all over tan to thong tan lines.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
Wearing a jock strap under your shorts in a gym is traditional and normal, getting jock strap tan lines would require you to sunbathe in just your jock strap and might be thought a bit odd.

You can get speedo tan lines by sunbathing in your speedos on any quiet beach or private garden, even around a public outdoor pool. Speedos are normal wear for many swimmers, having a speedo tan in the showers at the gym simply says you are a swimmer.

The men's swim thong has image problems, wearing one in a public place could get you into trouble, wearing one on a naturist beach might suggest you haven't quite got the idea. So the swim thong can only be worn in very secluded private gardens and very quiet beaches and might appear to be a bit kinky. Wearing your thong to the gym makes you fun and a bit kinky but wearing your thong tan lines in the showers suggests your a bit kinky and spending a lot of time sunbathing alone.
I like my swim thongs and have even swum in them in France but I'd preffer an all over tan to thong tan lines.

I see what you're saying. Thanks for your feedback!
Old 07-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Speedo Member

Default Torchwood has summed it up perfectly

In the changing rooms I use speedos and qssociated tan lines wouldn't raise an eyebrow, but occassionally you get some guy wearing a thong, or showing thong tan lines, and that does attract attention - in the form of smirks, giggles and nudges. For whatever reason (and think about it - how odd), thongs and their tan lines on men at least are not for general viewing.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:25 AM

Default tan line

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedobilly
In the changing rooms I use speedos and qssociated tan lines wouldn't raise an eyebrow, but occassionally you get some guy wearing a thong, or showing thong tan lines, and that does attract attention - in the form of smirks, giggles and nudges. For whatever reason (and think about it - how odd), thongs and their tan lines on men at least are not for general viewing.
While I rarely see a thong tan line in the locker room, speedo tan lines seem to be a lot more common than speedos at the beach or pool. I sometimes wonder about that. Must be either private pools or tanning salons.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:21 PM

Smile thong tan all the way

You should tan in whatever you prefer. I think thong tan lines are the way to go. You get to bare all your bottom and it feels so sexy. My girlfriend loves them and I've actually turned her in to a thonger. We've tanned together and I love her tanlines. At the gym, I just try to be cautious when I'm naked by keeping my butt pointing toward a locker and no one has seen or said anything yet.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:42 PM

Default Maybe a compromise (or two)

Option 1 A Rio-back style swim brief that is wider than a Thong and has a back, that cuts across the glutes narrower than a conventional brief leaving an interesting tan line across the glutes.

Option 2 An Asian style brief that is cut really low in back, which would leave a different tan line than the Rio style, but, well, equally interesting.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:50 AM

Default thong tan lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by thongerforlife
You should tan in whatever you prefer. I think thong tan lines are the way to go. You get to bare all your bottom and it feels so sexy. My girlfriend loves them and I've actually turned her in to a thonger. We've tanned together and I love her tanlines. At the gym, I just try to be cautious when I'm naked by keeping my butt pointing toward a locker and no one has seen or said anything yet.
Problem with that approach is you then are pointing your cock and balls outward, which is the opposite of usual locker room behavior,