Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 04:49 AM

Default Lap swimming In Aussiebum

Hi All,

Following on about my recent post on Speedo Quality Decline, I wanted to know about anyone's experiences in lap swimming in Aussiebum Briefs.

I am now looking at the Aussiebum Classic Brief.

http://www.aussiebum.com/swimwear/55/burgundy

The link above shows the burgundy brief, but I would opt for Black or Navy (no I am not going for the sheer powder blue). The burgundy photo set seems to show off the brief better then the other photo sets.

Would appreciate anyone's thoughts or experiences lapping it up in these (or any Aussiebum varieties).

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-07-2013, 04:43 PM

I don't know if it was the fabric my suit was made from or what the problem was but, I just tan with my suit. I did not like how the fabric wore after swimming a few times. This is why I tan with this suit. I haven't bought another suit from them so it probably was just the fabric and the cut of the suit.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:18 PM

I tried swimming in the Aussiebum 1.5 inch brief. The loose front fit really bugged me. On flip turns and push offs it felt like the suit was coming off. I just wear them for recreation and at the beach. On the plus side, the fabric is so light they feel like you have nothing on.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 PM

Default length, after length

Hi Mike,
I bought a Aussiebum classic in black. I would love to wear a powder blue suit, it would excite me no end (well my end, for sure, every time I looked down), but I am afraid if I did wear one someone may "cotton on" to the idea that I like suits rather more than is considered healthy. (With me maybe the expression should read "nylon on to the idea".) But the classic just looks and feels so great to wear and I swim many lengths. Someone just sent me an appropriate e-card with the words: "If you're swimming in the lane next to me, the answer is yes, we are racing"! But if you have a Speedo (or Aussiebum) on you'll notice that I often stay half a length behind, because it gives me the best view. Like that I can swim forever without bothering to count laps!
Dean
Old 04-09-2013, 10:54 PM

Default Half a length!

Am I right in guessing that you have muddled up different lengths? When you say swim half-a-length behind you really mean half a body-length, not half a length of the pool. I know that feeling so well, just last week in the pool I noticed the guy in the lane next to me doing the half body-length thing. Guessed what was up and so just let mine respond and thrust itself sideways up to the cord of my Speedo! You know that narrow gap that you get in the front when the cord pulls tight from hip to hip? I could feel it was pushing up just there. It was not at half-length, but stretched to full length! This was enough to keep him in position and swimming alongside me for the last section of my training. Was a bit like having a puppy dog, but it felt good to feel noticed. Had to rush off afterwards, so did not get a good look at his face, but his suit was distinctive enough with a white pattern down the one side, am sure he will be back. I hope so. Was this you?
Jo
Old 04-10-2013, 01:41 AM

I also tried lap swimming in an Aussiebum 'loose' suit - and it didn't work - it was too loose, and nearly slipped off a few times. Their regular suits should work better.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:25 PM

I honestly don't understand the loose suits. Like previously posted, impossible to do laps in unless you like breaks to retie or tighten the string. (I have a friend that replaced the nylon cord in the suit with cotton so it didn't untie or loosen when swimming)
If you wear them around the pool or beach you have to have them tied up or they literally fall down - actually they sort of turn inside out with the loose waist falling down and the elastic legs holding position. I guess if it is a a gay pool party it saves time.
With all the miracle fibers they are making suits out of, I still like the 100% nylon for laps. The hold up in any water and don't break down, their color stays true and they keep their shape much longer. And, they are comfortable.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:39 PM

Those "loose" type suits are good for the beach as a cover-up or used for tanning. Fashion swimwear are made to make someone look good they are not made to swim laps.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:55 PM

I wear Aussiebum nylon classic 1.5" for swimming and so does my oldest son, at first i did find the tie worked loose, but i find tieing in double bow it stays tied and secure, my son also has one of the loose designs Horizon if i remember. he says double tieing the drawstring keeps them in place. he swims every day at school and most nights after school outdoors during summer at the local river and in the winter the indoor pool, always in one or other of his Aussibums.