Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2014, 08:26 PM

Default What age will you wear Speedos to?

At my local pool yesterday there were just two guys wearing Speedos. One who was probably in his late 50s, and myself being age 50. There are 2 reasons why I wear Speedos at this late stage. 1) I'm not as self-conscious as I used to be, and 2) I'm in reasonably good shape, but how long will that last? I'm just trying to make the most of what opportunities there still are.

Anyway - I never seem to see men under 50 who wear these, so maybe the question should be - at what age will you start wearing Speedos?
Old 04-20-2014, 09:08 PM

Default No reason to stop

I see no reason to stop because of age. I swim with guys of all ages, up to in their 70's and they all look great. Sure the older guys look older, but as you say they are in great shape, fit, and probably better physically than much younger guys. One of the guys in his 60's still has rocking awesome abs...

Keep on...
Old 04-20-2014, 10:54 PM

Thumbs up what age....

most interresting remark Bede..... hopwfully you will get many responses.(opinions)
Old 04-20-2014, 10:59 PM

nice question. I think, for "closeted" speedo fans like me it should be a question we always must think about. I never wore speedos openly and asked myself the same question, why I don't have the bloody courage to wear them. even in the swimming clases I wear those long shorts, even knowing they don't help much when swimming. sometimes I'm afraid some stupid people will say stupid things about me but, why I should care about them?
well this is my case and answering your question:
What age will you wear Speedos to? well, I'm 28, I should do it as soon as possible! And no age is late to start wearing them!
Old 04-21-2014, 12:13 AM

Default forget it-your not that important

Guy's Just who do you think gives a damned whether you wear speedos or not?! Nobody but you. The universe is more than 10 billion years old and you think you are the center of the world! Get over it. Just put them on. Pull on a swim head cover-loop your googles under your suit and walk confidently to the pool-the only ones that are going to really notice are the people who admire you because you did it. My advice for the suit-start off a little conservitive with 2 1/2 to 3 inch sides. Make sure the butt crack is barely coverd and pube hair is covered. Forget about your dick-it's what it is-everybody knows you got one. Stop and speak to the guard and the person in the next lane-walk around the pool-you'll begin to feel relaxed and wonder what you thought the big fuss was going to be. There won't be any.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:46 PM

LOL aren't old guys with pot bellies known for wearing speedos?? Personally as long as my stomach is flat enough that I can look straight down and see my suit, I will wear them. It will give me an incentive to stay in shape as I age and hopefully look younger for doing so.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorcas3
Guy's Just who do you think gives a damned whether you wear speedos or not?! Nobody but you.

Twenty years ago it was normal for men to wear them, but it's not so much the case now. So you can be secure in the knowledge that you're not doing something that hasn't been done before, and it's not compulsory to follow fashion.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:30 AM

Im still pretty young and I dont see any reason to ever stop. Ill probably not wear co many crazy styles later in life tho.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:19 PM

Smile

I'm in my late 60's in reasonably decent shape and I still wear speedos and don't plan to stop anytime soon.

Dooley67
Old 06-01-2014, 12:35 PM

Knikon, don't give up the crazy styles later.... That is what makes getting new swimsuits fun. Never too old to rock a cool swimsuit.