Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2018, 11:21 AM

After a dry cough that has been going around I finally got to go swimming today and did 1500m at Hoo, wearing my green and brown camo Addicted swim briefs that I'm rather fond of.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Styles-....c100005.m1851

Congratulations to everyone taking part this month, love the Robin costume, maybe one day I'll show pics of my Napoleonic era British soldier uniform in Lycra one day.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:56 PM

Default Multicolor Neptune Scepter

I swam my 1500 yds yesterday at the Y in one of my favorite NS bikinis. Purple in front but quite colorful in the back, including green. Photo is from their site
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 016-2-1-1000r-530x650.jpg (38.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 016-1-1-1000r-530x650.jpg (42.3 KB, 53 views)
Old 11-09-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapswimmer
I swam my 1500 yds yesterday at the Y in one of my favorite NS bikinis. Purple in front but quite colorful in the back, including green. Photo is from their site
That's a great looking suit !
Old 11-09-2018, 09:36 PM

I agree with NJH, that is a great looking suit and you can wear it again next month as the colours are purple and/or pink and the month after as the "colour" will be crazy patterns and prints. Well done !
Old 11-13-2018, 08:21 PM

Swam my usual 1500m today at Hoo, the traffic was so heavy I couldn't get to Strood pool.
Wore brown Geromino briefs:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Geronimo-...53.m2749.l2649

I've seen Geromino about on Ebay and Amazon but never bought them before, they are more leisure fashion than competitive training briefs, the waist cord bow is on the outside, not hidden away inside. They swim ok andactually looked quite good when still wet in the pool mirror, while standing on the bench to see.

Geronimo are usually expensive, around £30 a pair and these were £5, it's strange, as I search for things to wear for the challenge prices suddenly drop in the colour I'm looking for and new products appear in unusual colours.
I got my yellow Arena Santamarias for £5 from Amazon although they are usually around £17. They seem to have specially reduced the price knowing I was looking for that product in that colour.
After searching for purple swimwear Aussibem (the Chinese label) introduced a purple swim brief in my size.
One colour we haven't used in the challenge is burgundy, I suggest that everyone starts doing searches on Ebay for burgundy men's swim briefs and see what happens, there's none available at the moment.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:57 PM

Went swimming again at Hoo on Thursday, the traffic is getting impossible, they've dug up the M2, the M20, the A20 and the A2 so all the roads between London and Dover are messed up, yet somehow one never sees anyone doing any work in the coned off areas.

Wore green swim briefs for my 1500m when I finally arrived, the Ebay seller has been removed so I can't post the page here.
The briefs are made from a fairly thin but very stretchy Lycra that I like. They are lined at the front and have a rear seam (giving support for the thin Lycra.
They are decorated with a metal eyelet through the fabric on the left hip.

The label at the inside of the back of the suit says "Aqux", has washing instructions in Chinese alphabet and the words "Made in China". I understood that Aqux was only made in Japan, I checked the Aqux website and didn't find anything like these briefs and assume them to be fakes.
They even got the Aqux logo wrong.
http://aqux.ocnk.net/

Why bother faking a product that looks and swims perfectly well ?
Old 11-19-2018, 10:35 PM
Speedo Member

Sounds like the ones that I was looking at on Aliexpress.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AQUX...2-11429e48c7db
Despite saying that they are Aqux, the pictures they use are from Rufskin. I have a pair of the Rufskin ones in light blue, and they are unlined.
I might get myself one based upon your post. What is the fit like?
Old 11-19-2018, 10:45 PM

Well spotted, yes these are the ones.
I'm usually 36" and XXL fitted well.
I enjoyed swimming in them, they aren't Aqux, the maker should create their own brand.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:49 PM

Wore these striped swim briefs at Hoo pool's over 50 swim yesterday. There are 2 different shades of brown in the stripes.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Stri...item2cd7aa1ca2
A friend said they were deckchair speedos.

The pool was not crowded but there were no obvious free lines to swim lengths so I went to the roped off lane swimming lane. The were a number of older people swimming very slowly in the lane swimming lane, it was difficult to get into the water as a couple of older guys in the pool were blocking the end of the lane just standing there. Once I'd managed to get past them and into the water I pulled my googles down, kicked off the side and started swimming breast stroke down the lane. I soon came up to the slow swimmers pulled out and over took them down the middle of the lane. As I went past them I was kicked several times and one of them called out that I was going too fast. They had no lane sense and no idea that they should stay tight to the edge to allow faster swimmers to pass.
I passed another similar convoy of slow swimmers on the way back, so again had to use the centre of the lane again. I did about 20 lengths like this overtaking convoys of slow swimmers in both directions by swimming up the middle of the lane and getting kicked less as they realised they had to move to the side. Then the 2 guys who were blocking the shallow end when I arrived were blocking off the wall completely so I had to stop and turn around short of the wall. The next time I came to the shallow end they left a small gap which I was able to touch and turn in but as I kicked off the guy in blue shorts pulled his knee across into me. When I reached the deep end someone grabbed me by the shoulder but I shook him off and continued swimming. The guy in the blue shorts was waiting for me in the middle of the pool blocking my path, I stood up and he grabbed my shoulder. I raised my other arm and called out to the lifeguard to call the police as I was being assaulted. The lifeguard came over to us and told him to let go of me. She then told him that she had been watching me and that I had done nothing wrong and that I had swum carefully and had avoided conflict with other swimmers. He said that the ladies in his group couldn't cope with fast swimmers to which she replied that they shouldn't be in a swimming lane if that was the case. He said that he was 78 and had been using the pool for 20 years, I said "So what" and she told him that it didn't make the swimming lane his property. The lifeguard told the guy in the blue shorts that if he and his friends didn't behave and stop obstructing other swimmers they would all be banned from the pool.
I finished my 60 lengths and noticed the slow swimmers gradually leaving the pool. When I climbed out of the pool I thanked the lifeguard and she told me that the guy in the blue shorts had apologised to her and that she had told him to get changed and leave before I finished my swim.
In the changing rooms I was approached by an older swimmer, he introduced himself as a former swimming teacher and thanked me for sorting out the lane swimming. The guy in the blue shorts and his friends had been treating the lane swim as their own property, had invited their new old lady girlfriends from the main pool into lane swimming making it slower and more overcrowded with frequent stops for rest blocking the ends of the lane.
I suspect that they have effectively driven anyone under the age of 70 away from wanting to take part in the Tuesday over 50's swim for several years.
The things one has to do for the Colour of the Month Challenge.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:33 AM

Default Patience has to be one of your strong assets

I am amazed you coped with all that nonsense. I don't understand how people can come to a conclusion a lane is theirs. I mean there should be enough water for everybody.

I have personnally access to 3 different pools that are within 15 minute drive or less. One of the farther ones I did on occasion run into a similar problem you just described. It did'nt quite degenerate to the point of having lifeguards having to do something but still it was really unpleasant.
Fortunately the closest pool to my house is filled with the most courteous people you can imagine. Unfortunately I guess it makes it a little more crowded but with people being courteous its relatively easy to swim in with up to 5 or 6 swimmers per lane. At 8 per lane its just too much no matter how nice people are.

The third pool I never actually swam in it but I hope its juat as good as it gets. LOTS of lanes available any time of day and never more than 3 per lane. That should be perfect!

And I got nothing brown so I can't help with this month's challenge.