Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2018, 07:38 PM

Default Colour of the month challenge Nov 18

You have a choice of colours this month; green and brown.
Some people are prejudiced against green, it has connotations of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, of the green man, a villager sent out naked in the spring and not allowed to return until dressed in green leaves. Personally I like to wear green and camo when I go walking in the countryside.
Brown covers a lot of shades from beige/khaki through to sexy almost black brown shades.
Looking around Ebay and Amazon there's some green about but brown is harder to find, the cheaper brands avoid it while more expensive brands use brown fabrics.
So lets see what we can come up with.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:12 PM

Wore my green sportis to the Y today. In the spirit of this thread I'll try to wear them once a week throughout the month
Old 11-02-2018, 02:25 AM
Speedo Member

Wore this suit for this evening's swim. Speedo style 70113, size 34, from about 1980. 100% Nylon. From a recent batch of dead stock Nylon Speedos on eBay.

If anyone knows when they stopped using the red Boomerang logo with Speedo inside it, that would set a latest possible date. The batch was a mix of this and the next logo.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:44 AM

Points and congratulations to speedoornude for getting in first and to midlife swimmer for wearing something old and probably rare. How does that brown suit fit and swim for you ? Brown is quite difficult to find and you found it.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:50 AM
Speedo Member

Yeah, this batch of 100% Nylon suits is definitely rare. All the ones I got are 70000 series, with 4 inch sides. I didn't get any 72000 series ones, I have a hunch they have 3 inch sides, but no confirmation.

They fit perfectly. By tape measure I'm 34 inches at the true waist and 34 inches four finger widths below the navel, which is where you should measure for a Speedo suit. So Speedo size 34 suits, US or Europe, all fit me perfectly.

The nylon suits are a little loose in the front, there will be some fabric flapping there as you swim. Certainly a Lycra suit would be more hydrodynamic. They also get a bit pokey looking when things get cold and shrink. A Lycra or Poly/PBT suit definitely gives a smoother look.

These old suits can also be a bit snug in the butt on a flip turn.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:55 AM
Speedo Member

Default Green Marco Marco

I don't have any brown, which is not unusual I suppose, and I wouldn't have had any green either except I needed green briefs for a Robin costume I put together for an "R" themed fancy dress birthday party.
Normally I also wouldn't have bought a Marco Marco brief as it is unlined and has no tie string. However for the sake of the costume I bought it.
It isn't particularly revealing even when wet, and stays up OK even when diving into the backyard pool, or mucking about on a surf beach. As it is lightweight and dries quickly it is ideal for wearing under shorts if you are intending to have a swim. I don't think I would wear it at a public pool or a family gathering, but I have worn it swimming at a couple of quiet beaches and a waterfall without feeling that I was being exhibitionist, and wear it swimming in the back yard pool when just my wife and son are around.
http://two.flash-gear.com/npuz/puz.p...930&k=76216154
Old 11-05-2018, 09:47 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftynev
I don't have any brown, which is not unusual I suppose, and I wouldn't have had any green either except I needed green briefs for a Robin costume I put together for an "R" themed fancy dress birthday party.
Normally I also wouldn't have bought a Marco Marco brief as it is unlined and has no tie string. However for the sake of the costume I bought it.
It isn't particularly revealing even when wet, and stays up OK even when diving into the backyard pool, or mucking about on a surf beach. As it is lightweight and dries quickly it is ideal for wearing under shorts if you are intending to have a swim. I don't think I would wear it at a public pool or a family gathering, but I have worn it swimming at a couple of quiet beaches and a waterfall without feeling that I was being exhibitionist, and wear it swimming in the back yard pool when just my wife and son are around.
http://two.flash-gear.com/npuz/puz.p...930&k=76216154

Can we see your costume, please?
Old 11-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Speedo Member

http://five.flash-gear.com/npuz/puz....850&k=87625511
My wife insisted I wear the tights so as not to scare the children :-)
Old 11-06-2018, 09:31 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftynev
http://five.flash-gear.com/npuz/puz....850&k=87625511
My wife insisted I wear the tights so as not to scare the children :-)

Wow, that's really good. Nice job. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:19 PM

Default Fond memories

Hi midlife swimmer. The brown 1980's nylon speedo reminds me of the one that I wore as a hand me down from my older brother. I dont think he had ever worn it much and asked if I wanted it. It was brown, but I think ( could be wrong!) that the white effect on his was green. Whatever, the feel and look was amazing for a later teenage guy and it fitted me well and was quite tight on me. My first proper speedo.
Thanks for sharing the photo - fond memories!