Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2013, 09:18 PM

Question water polo briefs

In this topic I want to talk about water polo briefs. In the last couple years quite a few companies have popped up among the big companies. Zumo, monster polo, h20 togs, FAB, etc. I was just wondering what people think of these brands. How do they compare to brands like turbo or even Speedo. Do that last or are they more fashion suits?

Talking about turbo. I've wondered how do they fit in comparison to normal Speedos. I've been wanting to buy a turbo brief but I've always wondered if they're on the tight side or loose side. I can easily wear Nike suits of one size but find the same size of Speedo too tight. Can some one explain how turbo suits are.

Finally is water polo city a safe site. I remember a couple months ago someone bought a suit from the site but never received them.

Thanks for any help and thank you for your time.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:37 AM

Default Don't know......

.....but good topic which warrants further attention and would be interested to see any replies to you.
Turbo was the traditional choice but there are other brands as you point out and often the ability to print a good team design is a prerequisite for the wp guys (we must rely on them and the divers as we have lost too many swimmers to jammers nowadays).
Divers usually want a tight fit against water impact and similarly so in water polo in order not to facilitate opponents' undersurface drag-downs.
Whether that means undersizing on certain brands when ordering I would have to leave to an experienced player to advise.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:15 AM

I think Turbo do a rag bag offer, tell them your size and they will send you a random suit, they are getting rid of surplus printed team suits so are doing this at a reduced price. Try this to discover your Turbo suit size.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:53 PM

Smile

thanks for reminding me. I didn't want to do a grab bag turbo suit before, mainly because it was only five dollars less. They reduced the price to something more affordable. I'll let you know when I figure which size to order.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:23 PM

I find a size 32 Speedo is just a little bit tight (but still wearable) for me (my waist is about 33-34). The size M Turbo fits me snugly but comfortably, so I'd say it is about equal to a 32 Speedo. The Turbos are well made, and I really like the briefer look (side seam 2.5"). They are made of a slightly thicker or heavier fabric, but are a good choice - I've worn my for extended swim practices and/or tanning.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:33 AM

Default nice suit

I like this one but a mystery to identify:
May be a Turbo but the emblem is of a Chinese Dragon type
and for a wp team which is indicated in stylised letters CNM:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...f0mo1_1280.jpg
Old 10-28-2013, 04:35 AM

Double thanks. It just so happens that my waist size is about the same. Hopefully a medium is good for me.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:59 AM

Default Turbo again

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0966aa18e...udbjo1_400.jpg

Haven't seen this design being worn but maybe they want surfing customers* now as well as water polo players.

*rather doubt it - boardies and wetsuits rule the waves there
Old 11-12-2013, 03:43 AM

Default WP international

Selection of players: http://24.media.tumblr.com/688e19df8...ymro1_1280.jpg
Old 11-13-2013, 04:10 PM

Default Correction

Not international (although I cannot explain HUN)
CSB as shown on one suit should be UCSB and this is from the Triton Tournament of 2009 when University College Santa Barbara played against University College San Diego.

(vid. of UCSB against Pacific no.1: http://www.ucsbgauchos.com/multimedia/gaucho_vision)