Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 12:17 PM

Default Bikini bot......

Very true indeed Torchwatch, one MUST enjoy every moment while they are young, youth is not foreever, anyway it may be better that nostalgia doesnt devellope once aged, knowing that you will never be young again .
Especially if you are young mentally you will surely long for those good old says wene you could wear skimpy clothing.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:28 PM

There is too much thinking going on. So much concern about "speedo friendly" and "what will my family think" makes me wonder how some guys get dressed in the morning. Do you place that much concern on everything you wear. I mean if it is a group decision and opinion pole whether to wear jeans of chinos everyone must be late for work. It is just a swim suit! If it fits, you like it - wear it! If someone makes a negative comment -- I am thinking this only will happen with family and close "friends" -- just laugh it off or tell them, "I wear what I like, you wear what you like" and leave it at that. OR if you want to get snarky about it you can come back with "I think your suit looks like shit and don't like it either but I have the manners to keep my comments to myself" or to a guy "I understand why you won't wear one -- nothing to fill it". Trust me, after a couple minutes people forget what you are wearing and life goes on.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:43 PM

Default Thanks

PSD: You hit a home run with your latest comments-there's really nothing more to say.!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:01 PM

Default opinion pole (poll)

Good post and yes, we should be reminded of what's wheat and what's chaff in lifestyle.
Don't forget however that this is a forum and forums need to have discussions and enlightening discussion will sometimes ensue from a bit of
navel-gazing.

It has been suggested for example (agree or not ) that the loss of STS's
stories is regrettable because they were useful in getting a readership to
be persuaded into the acceptability and desirability of wearing brief speedos
without stigma. One new member is doing his bit already with bikini bottoms so who knows what might change ?
Old 05-06-2012, 09:04 PM

I've been a Speedo guy since I got my first for youth swim team, and I certainly don't need a "Speedo Friendly Beach" to wear one. However, I'm not so sure about my confidence level carrying a bikini bottom into the changing room at Target. (I Chose Target because their dressing room staff is only concerned with number of items. It would be worse in the ladies section of Macys, and way too strange to even contemplate in a women's boutique).

Wearing a bikini bottom is an intriguing thought, and have always wondered about whether guys could get away with it. Notmyj has opened a lot of eyes with his very first post on this forum
Old 05-06-2012, 10:07 PM

Default Bik bot....

Really I cant see the difference between a regular speedo and a wonens bikini bottom wene worn by a man, why not post pics of men or yourself in a womens bikini bottom and see what guys will say comments would be of course very wellcome
Old 05-06-2012, 11:38 PM

Default obvious

Well, having just seen a post from notmyj with SIX big pics attached
isn't that precisely what's already been done to show you what is the
fit which has his GF's approval ?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Speedo Member

Wow, I am amazed that this thread has gotten so much attention and sparked such an interesting conversation. I would love to see some guys here try bikini bottoms, too. I have never tried them on in stores, always purchased them then tried them on. Once you try a few on and see what fits, you will be able to tell if they will fit just by looking at them. The width of the crotch is most important, ones from Aerie are way to narrow, but the Victoria's Secret and Roxy ones fit great.

Infact, while perusing ebay I found the same ones I have, for sale. I am not selling it, not affiliated in any way, just thought I would share it if anyone wants to try a style that would definitely fit a guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roxy-Bikini-...em257007 9d53
Old 05-07-2012, 05:09 PM

I look at the front of that suit and know there isn't enough material to contain me with any movements -- like walking, sitting or swimming. I have tried about 10 of the female suits and only found one that I could wear and not have to adjust avery couple minutes. You are lucky if you fit in them cuz I have seen racks of them at end of season for as low as $2.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 PM

Default Roxy

Well, LC did say ".....has opened a lot of eyes...."

Thanks for Ebay pic but not sure whether I am reading it accurately.

Width at crotch would be a concern for me as with PSDave.
Is there some some of slot at centre front of waist band?
Does this wide waist band overhang as some kind of tiny "skirt"?
(that bit not likely to appeal to speedo-lovers I would guess)