Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2015, 11:04 PM
Speedo Member

A couple years back, I started wearing speedos again to swim. It couldn't be in a better place; A sci-fi con, where I could at least go with the thought that I wouldn't be the most out-of shape. A degree of body-positivity is present at the events I frequent.

Well, the first time, I was the only one in swim briefs. No big deal. No negativity, no bad comments; I was probably the one with the biggest criticisms of myself. A few of my gal pals were delighted, in that "too bad he's gay" way. The more time passed by at the pool, the more unaware of my garments I became. No unexpected arousal, no guilt, no shame. Just kind of zipping around the pool faster than anyone else (they didn't know that I was a serious swimmer).
The next year, I went to the pool to hang out and see if my usual acquaintances were present. They were. A lady friend then started to call her husband to the jacuzzi, where I had situated myself. He walks out of the pool in a nice red 2" speedo. she then explained that after last year, he felt emboldened to get his own pair. I looked around, and saw a few others had "followed suit" as well. (pun 50% intended).
Every year after that, I see a few more guys in nice swim briefs, of a great variety of different body types. Probably because this convention is held in a nice hotel with a decently sheltered pool. Probably because a great deal of the attendees are also involved in the fetish community.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:41 PM

Thumbs up

Someone said in this thread a while back that if one person wears a speedo,type brief maybe others will.become emboldened to do the same. It sounds like you have succeeded in doing just that 7___of__Fine. Good for you.

D67
Old 03-20-2015, 02:43 PM

Its true! A couple guys at the local pool I swim at have asked me where I got my suit (Speedo style). Shortly after, the two who asked now wear them.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Speedo Member

So far I'm the only guy that wears Speedos at my gym pool, every other guy swims laps in knee-length shorts -- which has to be a nightmare. I can't imagine why that's the preference. Hoping that the more I go, I'll eventually see some other like minded guys. But I don't feel alone or embarrassed, for some reason wearing a Speedo feels really natural and did from the moment I first put one on. I'm more pleased by the fact that a lot of the other guys at the pool are also not fit or great swimmers; I'd be much more embarrassed if everyone there was an Olympic level swimmer and they had to lap me as I try to get back up to speed.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:00 PM

when I was on the high school swim team the coach made us wear the knee length board shorts for practice. It was a great way to build muscles. When we pulled them off to get times we couldn't believe how fast we went.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zungaboy
As we know in a lot of countries is less common to wear speedos, them a lot of guys who wear speedos are the onlyone to wear it at the beach or a pool, them I would like to make a question to the guys here .What you feel about to be the only one guy wearing speedos? Adrenalin? The cooler at the place? Shy? Afraid? the “alfa guy”? the guy with more personality? great to the ego? Happy to all the people have their eyes over you???
Be free to responded at real you feel.

Going back to the original discussion topic, I have been the only one in speedos only once or twice, and the biggest feeling I've had as a shy wearer is a sense of leadership. I feel like I am doing my bit to normalize the speedo in the workout environment. The first time was probably just walking around the locker room at the rec center on campus in just my speedo with goggles hanging from my neck. All of the other speedo-wearers tend to go straight out the door to the pool deck from the changing area closest to it, and at this point I was the only swimmer present in the locker room amongst the other athletes there to train for their sports or doing "curls for girls." I felt like I, a non-demigod-walking-the-earth/non-former-school-team-swimmer, was almost trying to show the bros that if even I can wear a speedo comfortably, it should be perfectly fine for anyone there to work out.

As for being the only one hanging out in speedos (not WORKING out), that was when I recently went to Arizona. I was the only one out of the 3 guys in my hotel room that wore a speedo, and I wore it around our room without hesitation, just going about my business getting ready for bed. Perhaps this isn't the BEST comparison, but it's like meeting someone with a bad scar or burn mark on their skin. A girl friend (emphasis on that little space between the L and F) had boiling water accidentally spilled on her neck when she was one or 2 years old, and it left a permanent red area that looks slightly inflamed. At first, it is a surprise to see, but you quickly get used to it and realize it has no reflection on her personality or beauty. Similarly, seeing a guy in a speedo might come as a shock at first, but you would soon adjust. So that's what I'm doing, I guess: providing the initial "shock" to start the process of normalizing speedos again. (Though I'd like to think I'm not THAT terrible-looking in my suit! Lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Free
Well this morning at lap swim I could have asked a fellow "how does it feel to be the only guy NOT wearing speedos"?
But I didn't. It's not nice to pick on someone for what he wears in the pool. I think.

I agree, 50 Free, but actually that's what helped with the final push for me to get a speedo. I was literally the only one at my rec center's pool who was in board shorts!
Old 07-14-2016, 03:56 AM
Speedo Member

Many men who would like to wear speedo they do not because "the otter guys" are wearing bording shorts... them the cuestion "how does it feel to be the only guy NOT wearing speedos"? could be a "politically incorrect" and inpertinent question, BUT the right question at the right time for who want wear speedo but still does not dare to it
Old 07-14-2016, 09:58 PM

In Austin, there is usually one other swimmer in a Speedo. However, since I don't have anything but bikiniwear, I don't have much choice by design to wear anything else. The area is pretty progressive, so I doubt I will ever hear any discouraging words from other pool visitors. I say, wear with confidence, and enjoy your suit.