Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2014, 02:55 PM

Default see-through

Darkest is safest but AB usually give a sheer rating (graded 1-10) for their products.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:39 PM

Default Boosterjocks

I have had two AB boosterjock suits, one, the classic in light blue and the other in the Lycra material (can't remember the name). I found both so uncomfortable that I cut the booster part out of them. The blue one was also too sheer when wet and I was not at all comfortable with that. So I just wear them underneath my walk shorts.

D67
Old 06-23-2014, 09:54 PM

I have also worn Speedo and TYR 'brief' suits at pools and beaches all across the USA and never had anyone make a snide remark or tell me it was inappropriate. While many on this board seem to think this happens regularly, their fears are largely based on their own insecurity about wearing a brief suit. Do I sometimes get a second glance? Yes, but so what? I DID overhear a little boy, looking at me, ask his mother why that man is swimming in his underwear, but she swiftly told him it was a swimsuit! Once, about 6 yrs. ago, I was in a brief suit at a public, family-dominated pool in Nebraska. I think one teenybopper girl appeared to snicker a little when she saw me - big deal. A boy of maybe 10 or 12 was sitting on the pool edge very close to where I did laps. When I stopped to rest a moment, I thought he was going to say something smart-assed - but he just looked at me and said "You really swim a lot!" I think it shocks most people to see someone actually SWIMMING in a swimming pool, since most come just to lounge in the sun and splash each other.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:45 AM

I find the aussie bum 1.5 nylon suits great for the pool. I like the 'loose" rather than the classic. I like the look of the loose when wet, and how the "booster jock" holds everything in a tasteful bulge...very comfortable. I have lever heard negative comments, and have gotten quite a few compliments.

Only white or the very light blue show when wet, but even they drain dry so fast, you really don't need to be concerned.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:56 PM

I've become an Aussiebum fan, starting with my first one, 1.5" titanium loose in 2011. A coincidence, but I'm wearing it now. Unfortunately, AB has discontinued the basic styles I like best, especially the stripes. (See my profile for my red stripe AB). I've worn them all at hotel pools, just fine, including St Augustine, Fla this summer, and a local hotel "pool of opportunity" regularly. Certainly the "ice" and white colors are nearly transparent when wet - I know from my Club Noosa!

For laps at the public pool and to the Jersey (US) shore beach with the family, I wear a Tyr racer. Some curious looks; some smiles at the beach, but all fine.

The AB thin loose material feels great.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:35 PM

I've ditched mine as a tear developed in them after about 4 outings. Always thought the thinness was bit dodgy...
Old 10-07-2018, 05:41 PM
Speedo Member

Some good advise in this thread!