Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2017, 10:33 AM

Default Fort Lauderdale report

I've just returned form 2 weeks in Fort Lauderdale where I swam almost daily at the the Aquatic Center on the beach. Every winter visiting college teams combine a Florida vacation with practice at the Aquatic Center's 2 x 50 meter pools and diving well. While I was there numerous large college teams cycled through. Nary a jammer was to be seen -- 100% briefs. Almost all of the guys were wearing what looked like 2-inch suits, many downsized, in bold prints. A few drag suits, but not many. Sweet!
Old 01-07-2017, 09:11 PM

Default ft. lauderdale

That is definetely sweet!!

Take any pics??

I hope this trend just continues, just hope they get a bit skimpier each and every year!!!
Old 01-07-2017, 10:59 PM

College teams never stopped wearing the brief suits for daily practice, nor for in-season meets. If you go to a local college in your community that has a varsity swim team, you will see 80-90% brief suits being worn for their swim meets. Only when the post-season meets begin (conference championships and NCAA championships) do the swimmers wear the ugly jammer suits.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:43 PM

I agree with Swimmboy. To go a step further, the suits serious swimmers wear at major meets are really not jammers, they are the technical suits. While they look like jammers, they are cut very different and designed for speed.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:21 PM

STS is right - those suits used for major swim meets are the 'tech' (technical suits. They look like jammers, but cost about $250 - $300 each, and only last for a few meets. Can you imagine paying that much for a swimsuit?