Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2018, 07:24 PM

Default Colour of the month challenge Oct 18

This month's colour is grey, or gray to our American cousins.
In the days of the boil wash, white underwear and shirts used to stain to grey and black shirts would fade to grey.

While the rich wore white everyone else's clothes were stained and faded. The poor wore grey and grey became the colour of poverty.

The windrush generation arrived in London shortly after the war and coming from the Caribean found a country of grey skies, grey buildings and grey people. The buildings hadn't been painted since the beginning of the war and in a city that burned coal for warmth and power and ran steam trains everything was worn out and grimy.

With cleaner power, fresh paint and sythetic dyes and fabrics London is brighter and more colourful and grey has come back into fashion. The new in shade is anthracite for cars, tents and drain pipes.

So see what you can do with grey brief swimwear, include silver and pewter of course.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:24 PM

Swam 1500m today at Strood in grey Nabaiji square cuts. I bought them at a campsite in France, my car rescue dropped me there last year when my car broke down. I'd packed some camping gear and clothes but left all my speedos in the car.

It felt strange swimming in square cuts as I usually swim in briefs, they look smart and I rather like the grey shade but the short legs on a square cut just doesn't feel right. Somehow they inhibit free movement. I've suggested to those who have only ever swum in shorts that they should try square cuts, but maybe they should go all the way in one go straight to swim briefs.

There were teenage boys arriving for training in black square cuts as I left, they looked good but I knew I was wearing dry, yellow Arena Santamarias swim briefs under my work trousers as I went home and they feel good at any time.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:28 PM

Gray Speedo Solar, pool&patio chores
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181007_083528croppedsmaller.jpg (74.0 KB, 69 views)
Old 10-11-2018, 08:03 AM

Swam 1500m at local pool in grey Aussibems (Chinese fake Aussibums), swam quite well, felt better than the grey square cuts last week, the swim briefs look silver grey when dry but change to a charcoal grey as they get wet making them more opaque.
The briefs are well designed and well made, the company making them should stand on their own feet instead of riding on Aussibums back.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:12 PM

Default Fall in Texas

Temps have dropped into the 40's the past couple of days making a dip in the hot tub most enjoyable. Wore my two-tone Neptune Scepter with steel grey and blue markings to meet the month's challenge. Was dark outside so made the shot on return to the house.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NS Grey.jpg (76.3 KB, 42 views)
Old 10-17-2018, 12:27 AM

Full marks, good effort .
Old 10-18-2018, 11:55 PM
Speedo Member

Default Aussiebum Handlebar

After a couple of cold days the pool isn't quite swimmable, but no reason not to wear these for the photo of the month.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05645 crop.JPG (76.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05648 crop.JPG (68.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-19-2018, 09:20 AM

Full marks for a good fit.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:27 PM

Went to Strood Sports Centre in Kent after work today, got changed into my grey camo swim briefs:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Camo...53.m2749.l2649
Put my clothes into a locker and went poolside. the pool was split into lanes swimming on the right and kids playtime with beach balls and floats centre and left. I stood watching a father wading towards the shallow end with his young son under his arm the child was wailing aloud, 2 brothers were following behind. The father lifted and dumped his younger son on the side of the pool at my feet. I asked him if he required assistance he replied that there was gas in the pool, I raised my arm to attract a lifeguard.
Other swimmers climbed out of the pool, both adults and children, they were coughing and saying chlorine.
The lifeguards closed the pool, then then closed the changing rooms, I put my clothes back on over my swim briefs in the corridor. I suggested to a lifeguard that they fetch drinking water for the people who were coughing, a tray of water beakers arrived.
The fire brigade and ambulance services arrived with oxygen masks for those that needed help breathing.
I went to reception to get a refund then led the Fire Chief through the building to where everyone was, then they evacuated the whole building. I went back to my car and drove off.

I arrived at Hundred of Hoo Swimming Pool some time later, stripped back down to my camo swim briefs and did my usual 1500m swim.

After my swim I drove home with BBC Radio Kent on the car radio, listening to reports of the incident at the first swimming pool, when on got home i found this report online:
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/...cuated-191993/
Old 10-25-2018, 10:00 PM

Went to Folkestone Tuesday afternoon down to the Warren beach where it is usually quiet and you can see France on the horizon. Wore 3 pairs of grey swim briefs not suited to public swimming pools.
First my homemade grey ocelot bikini briefs from 2004. These are now wearing out and the elastic is going.
Second a HOM bikini brief in pewter, not worn it in ages, also showing signs of wear. They were in this style :
https://justfashion.io/underwear/pro...shot-front.jpg
Third these that I bought on ebay last year and hadn't previously worn them outside:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOM-OF-FI... X:rk:38:pf:0
You can get these a lot cheaper elsewhere on Ebay.
I filmed myself on my camcorder in all three swim suits but in AVCHD mode that I cannot share or take single frames from.
While I was standing by the edge of the sea in the pewter HOM bikini a fully dressed young man passed by and asked me if I was going to swim, but I said it was too cold. He also asked if he could get back up the cliffs walking onwards. he didn't seem phased talking to someone in a pretty minimal swimsuit.