Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Off Topic > Off Topic Chat and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2017, 09:50 PM

Default Men wearing vests (or not)

I was chatting to this woman at work last week who said she didn't think men should wear sleeveless tops.

'All men?' I queried.
'Not all. My son looks okay in one.'
'So you can only wear them if you're of a certain age?' I continued.
'Not necessarily, but you have to be fit-looking. I wouldn't let my husband wear one,' she said.

So it seems that sleeveless tops for men are as disapproved of as Speedos.
I have to admit, I was guilty of wearing one at a beach resort in Vietnam recently, but that was only because of no air-conditioning, the temperature in the nineties and humidity of more than 70%.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:14 PM

Sophia Loren had a house fronting a naturist beach in Italy. At one time she attempted to ban all but beautiful people from going naked on the public beach, her belief being that only beautiful people should be allowed to take off all their clothes while the rest of us must remain fully dressed in her presence.

All this is nonsense, everyone has equal access to a public naturist beach, anyone can wear speedos or muscle vests in places where they are appropriate. This kind of body fascism means that many good looking people that lack confidence are put off from wearing and enjoying briefer and more exciting clothing.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:30 AM

Sophia has a very shallow perspective. Define beautiful people. Sometime after adolescent we realize how one looks is far deeper than the shape of their body. I will never rock the cover of DNA, and most or all of my friends won't either (sorry, guys). But they all have qualities and attributes that make them uniquely gorgeous in their own ways. I love seeing a hot looking guy rocking a sexy swimsuit as much as anyone, rippled abs, big bulge, etc. However, a nice person, pure heart and fun to be with looks way hotter to me.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:17 PM

Nowadays, I wear tank tops during all the hot summer days.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:06 PM

There are sports vests and there are A Street Car Named Desire underwear vests.
Wearing your underwear in public always used to be a faux pas, while speedos and sports vests are intended to be worn on the outside and be seen and therefore acceptable in the right environment.
The recent trend for trousers (pants) worn hallway down ones bottom (ass) revealing ones underwear has led to the development of underwear intended to be seen hence rewriting the rules. Life is confusing!
Old 01-26-2018, 09:26 PM

This is one of my favorite vest style. Spread wings are my favorite.
That's how I wear in public on a hot day !

Old 01-31-2018, 07:58 PM

Another look from the backside !
Tank tops with thin long shoulder straps are my favorite style.

One more photo at the park:
Old 05-19-2018, 01:47 PM

I was struggling with the heat in Greece last week as some of my polo shirts were too thick. I considered wearing my sleeveless gym top, but in the end backed out, because ... I'd already broken one 'convention' by wearing speedos, and didn't feel confident to break another one. While the vast majority of women under 50 wore sleeveless tops there, hardly any men did.

The modern dress conventions is that men should not expose their upper legs or upper arms. T-shirts down to the elbows and shorts down to the knees is the standard of modesty we should all aspire to.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:44 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
I was struggling with the heat in Greece last week as some of my polo shirts were too thick. I considered wearing my sleeveless gym top, but in the end backed out, because ... I'd already broken one 'convention' by wearing speedos, and didn't feel confident to break another one. While the vast majority of women under 50 wore sleeveless tops there, hardly any men did.

The modern dress conventions is that men should not expose their upper legs or upper arms. T-shirts down to the elbows and shorts down to the knees is the standard of modesty we should all aspire to.

Struggling in Greece?Where were you staying in Greece then mate? I went to Greece on vacation for 7 years in a row, never felt any kind of pressure for wearing
something there, especially not speedos. There were lots of men who wore them there, everywhere I went to Greece there were bunch of males in them no matter of their age, from teenage guys to older guys. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make a problem if you had apeared in a gym top. Where did you stay there?
Old 05-19-2018, 09:05 PM

Athens. Maybe it's different in the big city.