Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2017, 08:03 PM

Default Speedo-Wearing in Indiana

Does anyone know of any "speedo-friendly" areas in Indiana? Central Indiana is ideal, but anywhere in the state works fine for me. I would never wear one at a public pool, and my local swimming hole is definitely more on the conservative side and I just feel uncomfortable there. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by CharlesW : 05-14-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:35 PM

Ummmm....beaches in Indiana?
Old 05-15-2017, 12:39 AM

Default Indiana Dunes

The only beach in Indiana I have been to is at the dunes along Lake Michigan and I hung out all day in a Speedo brief. Even went running in my swimsuit. I think there were a few guys there in similar cut suits. It was a great day. You might try a pool that also has lap swimming if being the only guy in a Speedo concerns you. On the other hand, unless you plan to wear something more revealing I cannot imagine a guy wearing a Speedo is unacceptable. I bet you are more worried about it than anyone else.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:50 AM

Default Speedos in Indiana

Correct about along the lakeshore near Lake Michigan. I wear a speedo or less at any of the Indiana dunes beaches and really enjoy it. I also wear a brief to the public pool in my area, like others said..if lap swimming happens a brief is going to be just fine! While Indiana is conservative, no one really cares much about your swimsuit. Just rock a speedo and enjoy yourself!
Old 05-15-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesW
Does anyone know of any "speedo-friendly" areas in Indiana? Central Indiana is ideal, but anywhere in the state works fine for me. I would never wear one at a public pool, and my local swimming hole is definitely more on the conservative side and I just feel uncomfortable there. Thanks for any help!

Indiana Dunes is really the only place I can think of that would be good for that. I haven't been there in a few years, but I recall seeing a few people in speedos there before. Hope you find a good spot to show off!
Old 05-15-2017, 10:19 PM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Looks like I'll definitely be making the hour and a half commute up to the dunes a lot this summer. I'll also start looking into local gyms that have pools and maybe actually try to start swimming for exercise.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:01 AM

The nice pool on the IUPUI campus in downtown Indy has or used to have public lap swimming hours - you will probably find guys in Speedos there.
Old 07-13-2022, 01:01 PM

Default Beach

I wear them at indiana dunes and at kimel Beach I run in my speedo
Old 07-13-2022, 01:45 PM

Wherever you go take a choice of swimwear.
Short shorts that you are comfortable in.
Squarecuts.
2-3" swim briefs.
1-2" swim bikinis
and maybe even a swim thong.

If you find yourself alone wear whatever you like.
If you find there is a crowd there already conform but wear slightly less than everyone else.
If you just have speedos and the crowd appear hostile it may ruin your day, by having a choice of swimwear you can adapt to the mood of the crowd.
If you go in the water and get you swimwear wet you can always slip into something briefer when you come back out.
There may be other guys around wearing long shorts that would prefer to wear something briefer but nothing will happen until someone sets an example.
At your local pools look for the lane swimming sessions, especially before or after the booked club swim sessions. This is when more serious swimmers wanting to wear less that baggy board shorts will be around.

Last edited by Torchwatch : 07-13-2022 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-15-2022, 04:01 AM
Speedo Member

If you go to Indiana Dunes NP, it's not that much farther to go to Chicago and head to Hollywood Beach, which is the gay beach in the city. You will definitely find others in Speedos there.