Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2016, 09:27 AM

Default Best Italy-Themed Swim Briefs?

Good morning, all!

I'm looking into getting a speedo to commemorate my year in Italy, but I haven't found any suits that I'm particularly in love with. There are the Turbo Italia, Moto, and Moto 2 polo briefs, but I'm not a huge fan of the way Turbos fit and look, as I've mentioned before. (Except, of course, when Aaron tried on that Sweden brief which I described in chapter 08 of my Becoming an Enthusiast series, but that's more to do with him than the suit!) I'm also looking at a few others from Zumo, Q Swimwear, Monster Polo, and HARDCORESPORT, but I just can't decide! What do you all think? Have you had any personal exposure to these companies? Please share your opinions on everything from aesthetic design to fit, fabric and feel!

Here are a few of the suits I'm considering: (sorry that not all of them have photos embedded; the links won't work so you'll just have to go to the individual sites)

Zumo's Italia Banded Flag brief: http://www.zumousa.com/collections/a...ant=7400300033

Q Swimwear's Italy Classic Brief: http://qswimwear.com/collections/cou...ant=4064373445

Q Swimwear's Italy 2.0 Classic Brief: http://qswimwear.com/collections/cou...nt=10815075333

HARDCORESPORT's Vitruvian Man briefs: http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/hardcore...f-7537722/?q=1

Or, do you all know of some other Italy suits that you think are better than these? Please tell me about them! I'm still getting my feet wet when it comes to swimwear companies! Do remember, though, that they are for swimming laps at my school's pool and that I am not very exhibitionistic, so they should be relatively conservative in coverage (though a cool design is a plus). For example, the Neptune Scepters that underwearphil bought are probably too skimpy for my purposes here, though they are definitely well-designed!

I'm also considering designing my own and having them custom-printed, but that's for another post. For the sake of this one, I'd like your opinions on suits that already exist! Thanks for your help!

Last edited by ReservedEnthusiast : 04-30-2016 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:49 AM

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1861682..._home_active_2
Old 04-30-2016, 08:44 PM
Speedo Member

How about Neptune Scepter?
I love my Union Jack briefs

http://neptunescepter.com/world-flag...ni-bottom-lift

http://neptunescepter.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006-1-2-500.jpg (61.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 05-01-2016, 11:05 AM

I'm also currently based in Italy, working here until next year. So this throws particularly interesting to me as I will also be looking to purchase a swim brief that I can take home to remind me of my time here! Love the Neptune Sceptre option!
Old 05-01-2016, 11:19 AM

Thank you for the suggestions thus far! I've already gotten one vote privately for the Zumo, and also a suggestion to add Budgy Smuggler's new Italy briefs to my list of potential suits. Unfortunately, the Smugglers' website says the fabric isn't good for regular use in a heavily chlorinated pool, so I think I'd destroy them pretty quickly. :/

Here's what they look like anyway:

Red^^Speedo, that is a beautiful suit and I love the color, but it is not lined which is a little concerning to me if I were to use it at my uni's pool.

Also, underwearphil, I actually gave the Neptune Scepters special mention in my original post as being too skimpy for my purposes, and they too are unlined which concerns me greatly as they have a white front! Again, they are beautiful suits and I love the Union Jack one that you bought yourself, but I think they are too revealing in size and [potentially] transparency for me to wear at a relatively conservative university's pool. (I don't think I'd have the balls to wear them either way.)

SpeedoBear76 I look forward to hearing what you decide on too!
Old 05-01-2016, 11:23 AM

somehow the blue color seems out of place on most of these, like seeing green or yellow on a USA brief. A proper brief should be green a bright orangish-red and white
Old 05-01-2016, 11:27 AM

Sebbie, I agree which is why I'm also asking for other suggestions too if you have any! The Zumo and the Q Swimwear's Italy 2.0 are probably the least-blue of my original list.

That being said, I cannot deny how beautiful the blue is on the Q Swimwear Italy briefs!
Old 05-01-2016, 02:32 PM
Speedo Member

I can understand your concern about the Neptune Scepter briefs. I, at first, needed to pluck up courage to wear them in a public pool in London on the first occasion. However, as I mentioned in another post, I received a lot of positive comments. The material is very silky and smooth, very comfortable, but it is quite thick. The design holds quite tight at the front so you are not going to show off an enormous bulge. I know the Union Jack design does not have a big white panel at the front, but I do not feel that mine go transparent. Go on, invest in a pair of Italy briefs, I think that you would be pleasantly surprised! I think your fellow swimmers in the university pool will be appreciative - and envious!
Have looked at the Budgie Smuggler briefs, and I am not too sure about the design at the back, the rear looks even less like the Italian flag than the front - and do you want an enormous "Budgie Smuggler" printed across your buttocks?
I look forward to hearing about your final decision - post a pic of you posing in your Italian colours! Good Luck!
Old 05-01-2016, 10:07 PM

I don't mind the blue. It's the color of the national football (soccer) team. They're even referred to as Gli Azzuri (The Azure). And it does go well with the red-white-green tricolor too.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:01 PM