Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Off Topic > Off Topic Chat and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2016, 06:20 PM

Default How do you shower?

Every few months I see an article about how people don't seem to want to shower in front of other people at the gym and similar spaces.

http://nyti.ms/1SySPsm

How are the showers set up at your gym/pool? Are you comfortable being naked in the locker room?
Old 01-02-2016, 10:33 PM

Grew up with open "gang style" showers, but the pool I swim at has a wall of stalls with curtains. I have no problem being naked, but I do like the stalls. In the end, it's a shower, who really cares either way?
Old 01-03-2016, 05:48 PM

A communal shower, and no. Well actually I don't see the point of being naked, as wearing short briefs I nearly am, so the fresh water isn't going to miss much.

Conversely, there are often men who do shower naked, because I guess with wearing long shorts they wouldn't be able to be properly cleansed. That throws up another question - 'Why, if they have no problems with modesty there, do they then not wear a pair if short briefs in the pool?'
Old 01-03-2016, 05:53 PM

In the same article:

Not long after the invention of the idea of personal space in 1959 came a classic ’70s study gamely titled “Personal Space Invasions in the Lavatory.” In it, researchers spied upon urinals to see how long it took for men to begin emptying their bladders.

It takes, we learned, almost twice as long when there is a man at a urinal next to you, and about half as long as when someone is one urinal away, compared to going it alone.

I try to avoid that all costs as I cannot feel relaxed.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:19 AM

Smile Taking a shower after swimming.

[color="DarkOrange"][color="Blue"] Some times I go swimming at a private men,s swim club. There is a nice size locker room and shower area and the showers have private stalls too. I wear my deep blue colored, very snug speedo swimsuit and after swimming, I'll take a shower. I'll keep my speedo on while in the shower stall to rinse off the pool water, then slowly peel my clinging wet speedo down and off, then shower naked. The warm shower water does feel very relaxing, especially, the feel of my tight wet speedo coming off.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:11 AM

On the subject of showers (and their erotic appeal -or lack of), I like Japanese style showers which are taken sitting on a stool or sitting on the floor.

I like sitting of the floor and the sensation of my bare butt on the warm wet tile.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:10 AM

Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to miaswim

I also grew up in gym class with the communal gang shower, so no hangups. Even on the swim team in high school and college, same type of shower setup so all of us had seen each other naked and no issues. I guess that's why so many guys on the swim team (ours and visiting teams) had no issues walking around the locker room naked without a towel.

My current gym has stalls, but no curtains. No issue for me there, but does seem there are plenty who work out then drive home in their car in their sweaty gym clothes.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:48 PM
Speedo Member

My gym is older so has a very open locker room plan. The showers are completely open and have 4 posts with four shower heads on each post. There's only a short waist high divider between the locker area and the showers so if your in the showers it's pretty much visible to everyone in the gym.

I grew up in open showers so being naked was never a big deal. I still shower every day after the pool or gym. I've raised my son the same way and he's perfectly at ease with nudity though I'd say on a whole THE younger guys tend to. E much more bashful then the older guys.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:02 PM

The pool I swim at most has the showers outside of the locker room in the pool area, so everyone showers exposed to the pool, thus swimsuits on. The locker is more of a changing room. It is an older facility.