Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2015, 04:53 PM

I've certainly tested the 1.5 brief at my local public pool and haven't had any problems. Not sure if I would be allowed to wear anything briefer than that.
Having said that, I've seen women wear bikinis at the same pool, as in that picture. It's quite surprising how that's allowed, as there must be a chance that the strings could unloosen?
Old 06-12-2015, 01:15 PM

Default Blue Solar

This morning (and every once in a while), I will throw on my blue Solar for my daily laps. I'm always in a brief style suit anyway and all the regulars know each other. Never a problem, other guys in speedos/brief style too. I don't wear it that often due to the material wearing out way too quickly. This will probably be my last one, although I do a have a red one that I put away for other occasions.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:51 PM

It has become my regular swimwear now, for two reasons:

1. More comfortable, with virtually no 'drag'
2. There's no reason why I can't wear it. It doesn't seem to make any difference to people whether it's 1.5, 2 or 2.5 inch.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:29 PM

I have worn 1-1.5" Waveline suits for years. I pretty much stick to navy, black or royal blue so I don't stand out. (I have Yellow and Orange for home) I have never had a comment on them. For a brief period I wore a tanga suit a lot (that is a string side suit) At the time, HOM made a great one. When I had one on at one resort that was quite literally a string holding it on, I had one father give me the eye when he arrived with his daughters. Since we were the only ones at the pool I saw no need to get up an change -- I stayed at my end of the pool and them to theirs. In the evening he commented I wore quite a suit. I told him if I had known other were coming to the pool I would have worn more. He said as long as I wasn't parading around or trying to be noticed, he saw nothing wrong. (remember he had two young daughters) It seems that attitude is as much of a factor as what you are wearing.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:50 PM

Ordered a black Aussiebum 1.5 classic for an upcoming holiday to the tropics. I haven't worn one of them for a while. I like the brevity of them, but the fabric is a little on the thin side. However, I think that would be better for very warm water.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:28 PM

For lap swimming, I have been in speedo solar suits due to occasional sales on Amazon. They really don't last too long in chlorine. I have found a strong preference for the Tyr durafast material. It holds up in chlorine phenomenally. Don't care much about the sides while indoors at the pool. My fun colors of solars with 1.5" sides are saved for the beach with the kids.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
I have worn 1-1.5" Waveline suits for years. I pretty much stick to navy, black or royal blue so I don't stand out. (I have Yellow and Orange for home) I have never had a comment on them. For a brief period I wore a tanga suit a lot (that is a string side suit) At the time, HOM made a great one. When I had one on at one resort that was quite literally a string holding it on, I had one father give me the eye when he arrived with his daughters. Since we were the only ones at the pool I saw no need to get up an change -- I stayed at my end of the pool and them to theirs. In the evening he commented I wore quite a suit. I told him if I had known other were coming to the pool I would have worn more. He said as long as I wasn't parading around or trying to be noticed, he saw nothing wrong. (remember he had two young daughters) It seems that attitude is as much of a factor as what you are wearing.
I have a royal blue waveline 1" bikini but the colour has faded badly. Anyone else experienced this with waveline?
Old 05-04-2017, 07:08 PM

Strange thing about the Aussiebum arriving today. I normally wear large size swimwear, but I ordered a medium size in that brand - because that's what I ordered 3 years ago and it fitted perfectly.

This time, it was a little tight (I could see some flesh bulging!), but when I laid it flat to my other swimwear, the width was identical.

Not really sure what to do. If I ordered a large one it would probably be too slack.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:41 PM

Ordered a large one to replace it. Sent the old one back and they refunded my credit card. Can't fault the customer service.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
Ordered a large one to replace it. Sent the old one back and they refunded my credit card. Can't fault the customer service.

So how does this one fit? Are you happy with it? Is it much bigger compared to the other one, side by side?

I am sure someone else with more knowledge about fabrics can provide a better comment.. but I would think that certainly over time, and between swimwear manufacturers, or even between product lines of one company, there will be differences in the density and stretchiness of different Spandex fabric blends. I have noticed with a lot of the Jammers I have acquired over the past two years that suits that seem to fit the same, when I take them off and compare them, vary quite a bit in the width of the suit.

Last edited by Captain.Jammer : 05-24-2017 at 07:33 PM.