Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2016, 06:52 PM

Default Speedo 2017 is out now !

Speedo Europe seem to be bringing out loads of new jammers but very few briefs for next year and the briefs will be Endurance and 7cm sides.

http://www.allensswimwear.co.uk/mens...er-speedo.html
Old 11-16-2016, 05:53 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
Speedo Europe seem to be bringing out loads of new jammers but very few briefs for next year and the briefs will be Endurance and 7cm sides.

http://www.allensswimwear.co.uk/mens...er-speedo.html

speedo brand hates the speedo that made them famous to begin with
Old 11-16-2016, 05:50 PM

I also been rather disappointed with the speedo brand, as the selection on offer to the uk are the boring same designs made up of little "s" patterns or solid colours in black, navy, light blue or red. Compared to the much wider selection on offer to the US and the rest of the world.

You only need to look at speedo.co.uk and speedo.com to see what I'm on about. But it wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't also for the fact that you can't order for uk shipping from the US site, and its not just speedo that do that.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:27 PM

The reason they push jammers is economic - they can charge lots more money for jammers than the brief suits.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:05 AM

Jammers are just another version of the ubiquitous knee-length coverage for men's thighs and a form of "ritual wear" intended to make a statement about their sexuality.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:52 AM

The sharks skin technology fabrics move through water with less drag than smooth naked shin. The more skin you cover in sharks skin the faster you go, the current rules allow a male swim suit from waist to knee made from sharks skin fabric i.e. jammers. Wearing jammers made from fabrics with more drag than naked smooth skin eg Lycra or PBT (Endurance) actually slows you down. So if you cannot afford sharks skin wear Lycra or PBT (Endurance) briefs for minimum drag and speed through water.
Lycra and PBT (Endurance) jammers are a fashion item that make you swim slower, while only the rich and sponsored can afford shark skin jammers that although they are faster in the water don't last long.
Old 11-24-2016, 05:01 AM

Default sad...

I was hoping the 2017 brands would be more skimpier....<1 inch sides and more cut around the buttocks
Old 11-24-2016, 02:02 PM
Speedo Member

I haven't bought a speedo brand speedo in years. Terrible cut and ugly. Guess 2017 won't be different.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:09 PM

At first, I didn't think they were that big, but I just looked at a photo of myself in the classic 3" cut and my friend Aaron is right: those more-than-1" briefs really do look kinda like a diaper! They helped me transition to briefs on, but I think it's time I start wearing the water polo cut publicly. I haven't because I thought it was TOO brief for my current build, but now my mind is changed.

Yes, Speedo's briefs are too big for my taste now.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:13 PM

When it comes to men's swim briefs, smaller and tighter is always better--more fun to wear too!