Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2016, 09:54 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedoMother
Default New to this board. (Sons Speedos)

Until recently my son always wore shorts for swimming and visits to the beach. Recently i decided to ditch the shorts and get him some speedos. After seeing other boys in them (and friends kid who is on a swim team) i thought speedos would be much better for him and might encourage him to take up some kind of swim activity. He hated it and complained at first (Just started puberty and didnt like me seeing him in them) but hes gotten a little used to them now. He doesnt swim competitively but he loves being in the water and thats the idea. Anyone else got their sons into speedos?

Last edited by SpeedoMother : 08-21-2016 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:53 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoMother
Until recently my son always wore shorts for swimming and visits to the beach. Recently i decided to ditch the shorts and get him some speedos. After seeing other boys in them (and friends kid who is on a swim team) i thought speedos would be much better for him and might encourage him to take up some kind of swim activity. He hated it and complained at first (Just started puberty and didnt like me seeing him in them) but hes gotten a little used to them now. He doesnt swim competitively but he loves being in the water and thats the idea. Anyone else got their sons into speedos?
More moms should be like you!
Old 08-22-2016, 08:01 AM

Hi! I recently encouraged my son to give them a try, and he's become a speedo convert. He wore them for the first time in public last spring break and had been wearing them full time this summer.

I've encouraged him to be comfortable with his body, and we've grown to enjoy spending time nude around the house.

I'd be interested to hear more about your son's experiences.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:53 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedoMother

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoMom
Hi! I recently encouraged my son to give them a try, and he's become a speedo convert. He wore them for the first time in public last spring break and had been wearing them full time this summer.

I've encouraged him to be comfortable with his body, and we've grown to enjoy spending time nude around the house.

I'd be interested to hear more about your son's experiences.

Ah nice to see someone else with similar experiences. My sons been wearing them for most of the summer. Must feel pretty comfy walking around in just his speedo at home (i dont mind.) Trying to encourage him to be comfortable with his body too So getting pretty used to that and still getting used to his different kinds of speedos too

Last edited by SpeedoMother : 08-31-2016 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:30 PM
Speedo Member

I've had my step son in speedos since he was 5. He wants to wear then cause he wanted to be like dad but now he wears then just cause that's what he's always worn. He's 20 now and still rocking the speeds
Old 09-23-2016, 03:53 PM

Actually it's strange as I vividly remember when young growing up in Brasil staying with my grandparents and aunt and cousins they tried to get me into tiny speedos but I didn't want to. Not sure why as I had shorts and wanted to,wear them. For my troubles I wasn't allowed to go to the beach. But now you can't get me out of speedos and the smaller the better! Funny how things have turned around!
Old 09-25-2016, 02:50 AM

I recently got my 2 year old a pair of tiger Joe swim briefs. He loves them. Hope he is always this comfortable.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:37 AM
Speedo Member

Default Kids in Speedos

Our family was at the beach one day when my son was trying to shed his Speedos with no success.Everyone heard desperate and frustrated yelling emitting from the changing room/bathroom coming from my frustrated son as he unsuccessfully tried to remove his wet Speedos. Being the unsympathetic dad, it made me laugh. This only elevated the situation.

I have no idea how much trauma this caused him. It must have been significant though because he is not a Speedo wearer these days.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:28 PM

if the wet knot wasn't about to come untied, why didn't he just pull his pants on over the speedos? Even under pants they dry in a few minutes. It seems odd your laughing would traumatize the kid for life -- he may need professional help.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:18 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to SwimCoach

I'm a Junior High swim coach and theres definitely starting to be a stigma associated with Speedos. More an more boys seem to be refusing to wear them and need a lot of encouragement. But they are still the best option. It was never a problem when we got our own 2 boys to start wearing them recently. They think its cool to wear them and will even for a regular visit to the pool or beach