Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Story Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2016, 05:28 PM

Default Becoming an Enthusiast 03: Freshman Year and the Final Straw

The 3rd installment in my personal story! This time, we almost reach the point where I take the plunge and get a speedo. Find out how! Catch up by reading Becoming an Enthusiast 01 and 02 if you haven't already.

Once again, I will remind you that these accounts are completely true.

Part 1: 'Mates and My Friend

-------

It was freshman year of college, a time of self-expansion and soul-searching. I lived in a very small dorm room with 2 other roommates, so personal space was extremely limited. But, I tend to be introverted and these guys were both pretty extroverted (or at least were more social than I was at the time), so I often had the room to myself unless Roommate 1 was playing World of Legends or whatever it is (I’m not a gamer) or Roommate 2 was watching Netflix. Every once in a long while, they’d do homework.

We were all pretty modest. No one ever hung around naked or anything, and no one ever rubbed one out in front of each other (though my inner horny self kinda wanted to; I had fantasized about that a bit before coming to college, but that’s a story for another time, if at all ). The extent of their immodesty was sleeping in their underwear which was almost always boxers. Even then, they’d dress the second they got out of bed. The most I ever saw, therefore, was some morning wood from the Netflix watcher which he didn’t do much to hide.

Personally, I always slept in shorts and a shirt in addition to a pair of trunks or boxer briefs. They each had a top bunk, but I had the single bottom bunk across from the desks underneath the opposite bed, so I felt more exposed and I’m not much of what you’d call an “exhibitionist.” To further reaffirm my shyness, sometimes they’d come in with a random friend after I was already in bed, and whether I’m conscious or not, I’d rather not be exposed. I also found myself refraining from buying briefs, my favorite style of underwear, because I didn’t want them to see me in it while I was dressing or undressing.

-------

Side rant: Looking back, I shouldn’t really have felt embarrassed about whether I was seen in a certain type of underwear, and if you share these feelings too, I encourage you to get over it and just buy your favorite type of underwear. Your underwear is there to offer YOU support and comfort, so wear whatever makes you feel supported and comfortable; don’t conform to what your roommates prefer. They probably won’t care as much as you think they will, if they even notice at all. Additionally, I think it’s high time we get over the fact that we do all have family jewels as guys and they may end up showing in briefs more than they would in boxers. (Of course, if you go for the much more exhibitionistic options such as string bikinis or shear underwear, then you may need to consider your roommate’s feelings before hanging out in those around your room. It’s the polite thing to do.)

Plus, nothing matches the self-confidence you feel when walking around throughout the day while wearing your favorite skivvies underneath! My current favorites are the Calvin Klein black briefs with that wide metallic red waistband.

Anyway…

-------

The Netflix watcher swam in high school so he still had his suit, albeit a jammer, and I did see him once or twice in it. He had pretty nicely sculpted legs and butt because our uni’s campus is very hilly and required a lot of walking. I seem to remember once asking why he didn’t wear briefs and I believe he said something about being shy. Boy, we sure were a reserved bunch, huh?

Sometime into the year, however, the guy next door and I became mates. He was on the football team and was therefore very fit but not overly muscular. This guy was just ripped enough for him to show evidence of definition no matter what he wears. He was much less reserved than my roommates and I were and didn’t mind walking down the hallway to the showers in just his underwear.

Oh, what a beautiful sight to behold he was! His body was attractive in a Chris Pratt sort of way; you know, some body hair and a lot of muscle, but it wasn’t so defined or large that it was intimidating or unrealistic. It was the kind of body that elicits a reaction like Agent Carter’s in Captain America after Steve Rogers comes out of Howard Stark’s machine: you just want to reach out and touch it, but of course, in the real world, you refrain and merely admire. He had broad shoulders, a flat stomach, round pecs, developed thighs and calves, and a pert bottom that displayed magnificently as he walked down the hall in nothing but his white Polo Ralph Lauren boxer briefs! Even his voice is attractive, just deep enough to catch your attention but not an indiscernible baritone. To this day, he is still my workout inspiration (well, one of them) because he is exactly what I could look like since we have almost identical builds/body types, both having heritage from Poland and all. I see exactly who I could be in him.

I ran into him in the corridor one time when he was coming back from his post-practice shower (in just a towel, no less, with the subtlest hint of a bulge in front!). After somewhat awkwardly managing to compliment his body, I finally gathered enough courage at this point to talk to him about his fitness and physique and how I aspire to have the same. He stood there, basically naked, talking to me about his workout routines and meal plans for the football team. All the while, I had an excuse to ogle his body because he was telling me about how he trains what muscle, so naturally I would glance to that part of the body to see what he was talking about.

He was a very humble guy, not a stereotypically conceited jock, and was happy to guide me and even give me a reusable water bottle to use at the gym. To help me get on my way, he even typed out his workout routine for me and went to work out with me a couple times to train me. I still follow his general plan to this day!

After training with this friend, I resolved to improve my body once and for all and come even closer to getting a speedo. But, the last straw wouldn’t come until I first started swimming for cardio instead of play racquetball against myself.

-------

As always, feel free to comment, PM me, or share your own speedo story in a new thread. Part 2 coming soon!
Old 04-10-2016, 05:35 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106
Default More!

Would love to hear more so please keep going.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:46 PM

All in good time! I do have to find time to write it out, after all. Plus, I want to make sure it flows as nicely as possible and the events are expressed as accurately as possible, so I have to think over it for a while to make sure some key details aren't left out.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:21 AM

Default Becoming an Enthusiast 03 Part 02: The Last Straw

I finally reach my breaking point in my resistance.

-------

Part 2: The Last Straw

-------

Our campus recently opened a brand new, absolutely stunning recreation center which has been ranked amongst the most beautiful in the nation. It has multiple racquetball courts, an indoor track, countless basketball courts, more weightlifting and machinery space than you could possibly hope to use, and a huge pool deck with beach volleyball courts, a leisure pool, and an olympic pool.

At the time, I still just had a pair of unlined Quicksilver board shorts which I’d used to replace the ones I’d gotten at Walmart (see previous “Becoming an Enthusiast” story), so I decided to wear those to swim laps. When I first went, I expected most people to just be in board shorts, even for swimming, because I know how shy college guys are when it comes to putting that part of their body on display (kind of ironic, considering how quick they are to show off the rest of their bodies).

Now, in one sense I was correct: every bro hanging out and tanning on the pool deck was in board shorts. But, I soon realized that I was the only one who’d come to exercise who was not in a speedo or jammer! I thought I would feel out of place in a speedo, but it was shockingly just the opposite! It was the oddest awkward situation I’d been in, where I was the one who was out of place BECAUSE of my modesty. I found myself rushing to get in the water BECAUSE of the shorts. I felt like everyone was staring at how stupid I looked.

In hind sight, of course, it’s a good sign that it was the opposite of what I’d expected. And, I should have known better since it seems like almost every single friend of mine at school (and the student body as a whole) used to be a swimmer or water polo player! It makes me wish I’d pursued doing it myself in high school. I love being in the pool, and I love the camaraderie between swim mates.

Anyway, wearing board shorts combined with the fact that I hadn’t swum laps for exercise in years resulted in me swimming only 2 laps. There was so much drag on the suit, and they were clumsy to swim in! Regardless of opinions about whether you can acceptably leisure swim and hang out in speedos, board shorts are just stupid for swimming laps. Why on earth would anyone do that unless they were a pro swimmer that needed the extra drag for a better workout?!

I decided that stopping my workout then was a better alternative to drowning. There was no questioning the fact that I’d reached the last straw using board shorts to swim. The first thing I did after FURIOUSLY storming back to my dorm that afternoon was start googling speedo brands and styles. But that’s for the next installment.

-------

Chapter 4 is almost ready!
Old 04-11-2016, 08:28 PM

I should add that the only reason I swam 2 laps instead of one is because my stuff and the entrance to the locker room was at the other end of the pool. By the time I finished the first lap, I felt like a cat that had accidentally fallen in the bath tub and was desperately trying to get out again. There was a 3-minute pause in between those two laps lol