Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Story Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2015, 02:46 AM
Speedo Member

Default Speedo On The Beach

"I want to wear a Speedo." This was the thing I thought, every time I put on swim trunks from the time I was a teenager all the way through to my late late twenties. I had become enamored of swim briefs in middle school, when men first caught my eye and I rationalized it all as just an appreciation for a particular type of swimwear. I thought about Speedos, I would look for swim briefs, but I would never buy them. My family actively made fun of them; it was a joke to them, that men would wear something that wasn't baggy shorts. I remember telling my parents I wanted to join the swim team, and their first response was, "You don't want to wear a Speedo."

Yes, yes I did want to wear a Speedo.

It never happened, not even after I moved away from home and became an adult with his own money and time. I could never rationalize it, since I knew I would never wear one in front of friends or family. But I still thought about them, every time I put on a pair of swim trunks. "I want to wear a Speedo."

In my mid-20s, though, I realized something -- a lot of swim trunks at that time didn't have liners. Now, as a man that wears bikinis, thongs and the like as underwear, I definitely need some support. I bought a Speedo. I went to Sports Authority and found a navy Nike swim brief with a yellow design around the waist. I began wearing swim briefs under my trunks. I had a reason to wear a Speedo. Now when I put on swim trunks, I could say, "I'm also wearing a Speedo."

That felt good, but I still didn't know what it felt like to be in the water with nothing on but a Speedo. I didn't know that feeling until a trip with my family to the beach, four years after I bought my first Speedo. I had purchased a second one, a sapphire blue Speedo brand 3-inch brief, that I had started wearing under my trunks too; it fit me better than the Nike one (I had settled for a too-small one back then). While swimming out past where my family was at the beach, I stood up in the ocean, water up to my chest, and maneuvered myself out of my trunks.

I was wearing a Speedo. Finally. 15 years after first deciding they were the swimwear for me, I was finally wearing just a Speedo...with trunks under the water in my hand.

On that trip I realized that people could probably see the sapphire blue of my Speedo poking out from my swim trunks -- and I used that as an excuse to buy my third pair, one that would cover me minimally. A red Speedo Solar 1" bikini. I placed the order while on vacation and it was waiting for me when I got back.

It arrived in time for another beach trip a few weeks later, this time with friends. The weekend after Labor Day and no one was on the beach except my friends. I realized this that first day and I told myself, the next morning, I would do it. I would hit the beach in my Speedo. I woke up early, well before everyone else, and I went to the beach and walked down, down farther than they could see from the balcony of our hotel. I laid out a beach towel. I took off my shirt. I took off my trunks. I stood there, in my 1" Speedo.

I took a walk, I took a walk down the beach, alone, wearing nothing but my Speedo. It felt fantastic.

People saw me, strangers saw me, just a few. I know what I looked like, an adult man, not in shape, wearing a pretty revealing Speedo, but it felt so right. The next night I hit the pool alone and did some laps wearing it; then I realized that I could get a membership to a pool and do this whenever I wanted.

Now I wear Speedos to swim laps, but I still wear trunks when I'm around family and friends. My fiance knows I wear Speedos, he knows that I want to wear them, and knows that if we ever go to a beach, that's what I'm wearing. But I still feel a bit afraid to wear them in front of people I know; I love the anonymity and purpose of the gym pool.

But I'm a Speedo wearer. That's what I've wanted to be since I was a teenager, and it's what I am now. I just need to be it all the time.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:24 PM

Default Great story!

Excellent!

Sebbie
Old 06-03-2015, 04:56 PM

Thanks for sharing your story. While I appreciate the fiction that has graced the Speedo Stories section, I like non-fiction even better.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lap Counter
Thanks for sharing your story. While I appreciate the fiction that has graced the Speedo Stories section, I like non-fiction even better.

Thank you! It feels really good to finally get all that out, it's all just been in my head for so long.